Chapter 67: Dancing

Carter

"Carter, I don't know how to dance! We can't go dancing if one of us doesn't know how to dance." Elinn protested as I dragged her towards the dance floor.

"It's not hard to learn and you are a pretty decent student. Lucky for you, I am the best dance teacher you can ever have." I smirked as we got closer and closer to the area where couples twirled about the floor.

"This is a horrible idea, I'm going to look like an idiot. Carter why can't we just go sit down or something? I don't want people to stare at me as I trip all over myself." Elinn tried to pull her hand from mine, but I wasn't letting her go anywhere.

"Elinn, this whole thing is for you, everyone that is here came to see you. They haven't seen you in a very very long time and came all this way just to catch a glimpse of you. I think you can at least dance with me once so they have the opportunity to see that you are safe, you are real, and you are here." I stopped and looked her in the eyes as I began to sway to the music that was playing.

"How is my dancing going to help them in any way shape or form?" Elinn questioned raising her eyebrows.

"You will soon understand why Elinn. You just have to trust me on this one thing. Can you please, just try it once....for me?" I pleaded with my mate hoping that she would trust me enough for this.

"Are you sure that this is isn't going to make me look like a fool?" She seems to be starting to warm up to this idea.

"I am certain that this is exactly what they all need. Trust me and follow my lead, I'll teach you the basics. I promise that no one is going to judge you even if you do happen to fail. They are just glad that you are back, I'm pretty sure every person in here would give you lessons if that would make you happy." I assured her as I finally pulled her onto the dance floor.

I took her hands in mine and lightly set one on my shoulder while I firmly held the other in my hand. I moved my other hand so that it was resting on her waist and began to gently move us to the beat of the music. As she began to catch on and move on her own I gave her a big smile.

Then when I was confident that she knew what I was doing I raised my hand and gently spun her underneath it. At first, she seemed unsure of my movements, but when I drew her back in she looked at me in shock but joy filled her eyes. As we began to really dance Elinn seemed to gain confidence and began to laugh as I twirled her back and forth.

As the song that was playing began to end I softly pulled her back to me and she smiled up at me. Another song began and I changed our movements to match the faster-paced song. We went on like that for a few dances, me teaching her how to move as she observed and did her best to copy my movements.

After our fifth dance, somebody approached Elinn from behind and tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around and found Corbin standing behind her smiling shyly at her. Her eyes sparkled and she pulled him into a hug as I stepped to the side already having an idea of what Corbin was going to ask.

"Luna, would you let me....I mean if you're okay with it do you think you would want....to maybe let me dance with you?" Corbin asked obviously unsure of what her answer was going to be. I wasn't sure what it was going to be either, but I knew that Elinn was a kindhearted and loving person.

"Um, well I mean if you really want to then you can. I have to apologize in advance though, I only learned how to dance about half an hour ago. If I end up stepping on your feet than your going to have to forgive me." Elinn said trying to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear only there was no hair to tuck. It was one of her nervous habits and she still did it even when her hair was up like it was now.