Fluff

"You know, REAL demons don't target towns." Bill drawled, clearly unimpressed. Him and Dipper were watching a horror movie- One that they didn't dare suggest to Mabel. This one was... Well, it took an ID to rent, to say the least. Nudity and violence would scar her for life, and that's all this movie was.

"Oh really?" Dipper asked, not sure if he was interested in the answer or just bored of the movie. Fake monsters chasing barely-clothed girls could only entertain a man for so long. "How come you stay in Gravity Falls, then?" He prodded, though he knew very well why.

Bill snorted loudly, not even trying to hide his amusement. "I'm stuck here- Couldn't leave if I tried! You know that." He explained, grin fading as another creature jumped out on the screen. "Anyway, we usually pick a victim." He added, voice wavering ever so slightly.

Dipper stared up at him, eyes wide. "What?"

"Sorry, did I say victim?" He said, hand over his chest in mock surprise. "I meant to say... Partner? For lack of better word, of course." He corrected, unsure. It was nice, seeing him like that. Confidence faltering, shyness showing. Dipper felt his cheeks heat up, considering the meaning behind the statement itself.

"So I'm that 'partner', huh." He said to no one in particular. "Should I feel flattered?" The demon just smirked and scooted closer to his friend. The answer was obvious enough, so he didn't push it.

Out of nowhere, the creature on the screen jumped towards them. It was like it was right against the camera- But it was most obviously completely special effects. Because of this knowledge, the man didn't even flinch. He's seen real monsters, so things like this rarely affected him much.

The demon reacted far different. With a scream, he launched himself backwards and retracted all limbs. Hands clung to his own arms as he curled into a ball, breathing heavily all the while. "FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK-" He cursed, quietly chanting.

Dipper didn't know what to do. He'd never seen Bill so scared, or scared at ALL for that matter. He'd always been either happy or pissed off, and this new emotion seemed to scare the man just as much as it scared the demon. "Are you okay?" He asked lamely, earning a short nod.

"Yeah, yeah." Bill said, calming himself down. "Just spooked me a little... Hah, ha..." He pried his hands away from himself, but one immediately latched on to Dipper's. His face was red, but not with embarrassment or rage. In fact, upon further inspection...

"You're crying." The man didn't even bother to ask him if he was, knowing that Bill would only deny it. Said demon shook his head, but casually wiped his eyes all the same. "You're sure you're okay? We can always watch this another time, or-"

"NO!" Bill yelled suddenly, staring at the screen in fear. One of the girls had just died a gruesome death, and the demon was obviously horrified by it. "I-I mean... No, we can keep watching. Shut up." He mumbled the last part, and leaned even closer to his friend.

Dipper's face flushed, comforted by the fact that he brought the demon such relaxation. "Alright, then." He gave up, letting himself melt into the demon beside him. They sat in silence, huddled together tightly. About halfway through the movie, Bill felt content enough to rest his head on the other's shoulder.

"Comfy?" Dipper asked smugly, enjoying the control he wielded. He repositioned his arm to drape it around the demon, who snuggled into it gratefully.

Bill didn't seem at all weirded out by their cuddling, so the man didn't even bother to act awkward. That was his favourite part of hanging out with him- He could be as forward as he wanted to be, and neither of them would care. "Mhmm." He admitted finally, jumping slightly when the monster reappeared on-screen. "This is fun, we should really do it more often!" He suggested excitedly, though it was obvious what he really meant.

"Yeah, we should." Dipper felt a hand run down his arm, but didn't dare move. If he did, Bill would just tackle him back down. He'd experienced it before, and it wasn't the best feeling. This one, however, felt amazing. Another person, snuggled up beside him, touching him in the most comforting ways..."O-Oh, uh, Bill..." he stuttered as the demon ran his fingers down his face.

Bill just grinned knowingly and brushed the hair out of his face, revealing the birthmark the man despised. "In another dimension, you show this off like a trophy." He whispered, tracing the shape with a single finger. "It's charming, you know. You should really do the same."

The man just pushed the hand away and sighed, fussing with his hair until it covered most of his forehead. "No, it's not. Who the hell would like someone with a constellation on his forehead? I'm a walking telescope!" He joked, though every word was true. Wendy hadn't exactly ran away, but she never liked him in the first place.

"Well, I for one find it attractive." Bill teased, but seemed to drop the issue. "But I suppose your not trying to win me over, hmm?" With a laugh he added- "Still pining for that redhead girl?"

Dipper groaned in frustration, but didn't break from the demon's hold. He was far too at peace to get too angry. "Shut up. You know I'm over her." He lied, knowing that Bill could easily go into the mindscape again later and find out then.

The taller man just rolled his eyes and returned his attention to the movie. "Sure you are." He said sarcastically. "You're all over her! You're like a freaking Zamboni on a skating rink." He tapped his chin thoughtfully with his free hand. "Sorry, still trying to come up with good Ice puns. The name I gave her is harder to work with than I first anticipated."

The credits began to roll, but neither man moved a muscle. "Bill, you can get up now." Dipper waited patiently, but the demon didn't even raise a hand.

"Nah, I'd rather stay like this." He said quietly, burying his face in the other's shoulder. "You're warm."

Dipper just sat there, confused but too at ease to think about it. "Okay." He smiled, letting himself forget any worries he had. "Yeah, okay. This is better." He admitted, his eyes fluttering shut.

An hour later, Mabel walked into the living room in search of Waddles.

Instead, she found two sleeping men cuddling together on the sofa.

With a smile and a stifled giggle, she searched elsewhere.