Force Sight - part 6

Wow, didn't think this one-shot was going to be this long, sorry guys!! Hope you like long one-shots 😂😂
Anywho, part 6!!

"Awesome!" Ezra said excitedly. "What's the details?" Hera frowned at him.

"You know I only give the details in the briefing room, Ezra," Ezra nodded, knowing he was the one in the wrong. He grabbed Sabines hand and the six, including Chopper, walked to the briefing room.

Hera stood next to Kanan. She turned to him and they quickly wordlessly spoke. She nodded, and then sighed.

"We have been urgently called by Fulcrum to a mission. Apparently one of our high commanders, Fulcrum did not disclose its name, has been taken captive by the Empire and is being held captive on a Star Destroyer near Lothal. We need to infiltrate that Star Destroyer, find the commander, and rescue him off the ship." Ezra contemplated her words for a moment, then frowned and opened his mouth.

"I'm just calling the commander a 'him' for now, Ezra," She smiled as the teen snapped his mouth shut, proving she had guessed his question correctly.

Kanan took a step forward.

"Now," he began quietly. "There is something we need to discuss."

"Me," Sabine murmured from the corner. Ezra had let go of her hand, so she couldn't see anything, but she could feel the sudden awkwardness in the room. She loathed being the weak link. This was going to be really hard.

Kanan swallowed. He felt Hera squeeze his hand, and he squeezed back. For a moment he wanted to burst into tears. It was so unfair that they had to have this conversation. But he knew that wouldn't be a good thing to do, especially from him, so he dug deep, re-centered himself, and exhaled.

"Yes," he replied to Sabine, who then huddled further into herself. Ezra looked at her, confused.

"What the issue?" He said naively. "I'll just hold her hand, she shoots while I use my lightsaber. It'll be fine!" Sabine shook her head.

"Ezra, your forgetting one thing. I can only see through your eyes. I can't see on my own. So while you could be fighting a sith or inquisitor or something, you'll be looking at then, not around you to the stormtroopers or other enemies. I'll be useless if you get in a fight.

"And also, you will need both hands to properly defend yourself. You won't be able to do it with just one. It would be nearly impossible, even for you." Ezra cracked a smile at the  sly compliment.

She sniffed. "So, I guess I'll just stay in the ship, and maybe Hera can go into the battle. That should work."

Hera thought about it, and it actually sounded like it would work.

"Do you mind, Sabine?" Hera asked her. Sabine hugged her knees.

"No, captain." Then she stood up and walked out of the room, to the astonishment of everyone in it.

"Sabine-" Hera called. She heard a sob, and then she heard Sabine running. Shaking her head, she turned to the others. She looked at Zeb.

"Zeb, when we get there, I want you to stay wherever it is we land the Ghost. It will be our only way out. We can't let anything happen to it." Zeb nodded, clearly distracted. Hera frowned deeply.

"Garazeb, did you hear me?" Zeb jumped at the tone of her voice, then nodded his head. He nodded again, and walked to his room, closing the door behind him.

Hera turned to her quiet Jedi Knight. Before she said anything he nodded.

"I got it," he said, and she nodded gratefully. Sometimes she really wished she wasn't such a natural leader, so she could just be a follower for once. Holding her temples where she felt a headache coming on, she left for the cockpit.