The Past, The Present, And The Future - part 4

Happy new year everyone! May 2021 blow 2020 sky high and into a 1,000,000,000 pieces 😂 And without further adu, I give to you, The Past, The Present, And The Future - part 4

"Mal Shrivus"

Eyes intent on the mystery man above them Ezra didn't realize Sabine had fallen. But he did hear her say something, and he turned to his left and asked "Who?" Then he saw her crumpled in a ball on the ground, defeated before the fight even began. "Sabine!" He quickly bent on one knee and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. The cold seeped through every part of her, and as soon as Ezra touched her, he felt what she was feeling so acutely; fear.

Kanan ignited his lightsaber and took a step forward. He had an idea of who this man was, and why Sabine clearly feared him. He knew he had to distract Shrivus and hopefully kill him before he said anything. He wanted to know the truth, but he wanted it from Sabines mouth, not this man. Inwardly, Kanan sighed. 'If only Sabine would just tell us these things, then none of this would need to happen,' he thought. Then he thought of the secrets he was keeping and shrugged. He looked up and spoke to the man.

"Mal Shrivus, we've come for the crates. Surrender now in peace or die in battle." Mal Shrivus laughed, a shallow, scratchy laugh.

"Surrender? To what? You, your Lasat, and two broken love birds? I don't think so." Zeb elbowed Kanan and Kanan muttered "Shut up." He felt the great Lasat laughing beside him and rolled his sightless eyes.

Mal Shrivus continued, "What's in these crates will help stop rebels and renegades like yourselves. You people, who try to destroy the Empire, must be stopped! And we have Sabine Wren to thank for creating a weapon that can do just that." He gestured toward a storm trooper with a small red cape. He spoke, "Shock Commander, stun." The commander saluted, and 20 other troopers stood and surrounded the Ghost crew.

Meanwhile, Ezra was still on the ground trying to help Sabine. "Come on Sabine, we need you. Whoever this guy is, he doesn't look all that tough. We can take him. But I can't do it without you." He gently squeezed her shoulders. "I need you, Sabine."

Sabine turned her head and looked up at Ezra, grateful for her helmet covering her tear-stained face. She wished he was serious. But she knew, after today, everything would change. She heard Shrivus mention 'Shock Commander' and inwardly knew what was going to happen. She reached out and brushed Ezra's face. The sound of charging Shock 4's filled the air. She knew she had to say something. "Whatever you hear today, Ezra, whatever he says, it's-" Before she could finish, a large blue-ish web seemed to appear on them. Ezra felt a brief moment of intense pain, then blissful blackness.

***

"...errrg," Zeb muttered, shaking his head to clear it. For a moment, he forgot where he was, and went to scratch his knee. He frowned when his arm couldn't reach, and turned to look. That's when he saw the chains and remembered. He turned his head back forward and saw his capturer, Sabine handcuffed and on her knees at his side. "Karabast," he swore. He looked to his left and saw Kanan and Ezra in chains beside him. All three were awake and looked at him now. Ezra turned away and nodded towards one of the Shock storm troopers.

"At least we know that these really are the right crates." Kanan slowly turned him, and Ezra didn't need to see his face to see the scathing look his master sent his way. He grinned sheepishly, and shrugged his shoulders. As he did so, he felt something digging into his side. And suddenly, he had an idea.

Mal Shrivus nodded, not noticing the slight expression change on Ezra's face. "Yes young Jedi, you are right. Every case here is filled to the brim with Shock 4's; enough to equip a whole clan of Mandalorians." He nudged Sabine with his knee. She didn't react, just kept her head down, avoiding Shrivus and her friends. Shrivus turned back to the men.