Not Letting Go

"Goodbye guys," Sabine said. Kanan was so proud of her for making her own choices. She had decided to stay on Mandalore, and if that's what she thought was best, then he could respect that. He stuck his hand out, not really sure how to say goodbye to to girl who had become like a daughter to him, but suddenly he was thrown off balance when she jumped on him. He smiled as he realized she was hugging him, and he hugged her back, squeezing her, and his blind eyes, trying to hold his emotions in key. He was so proud of her. So proud.

Whereas Ezra on the other hand . . . .

"Wait, why are you saying bye?" He asked, concerened and confused. He had never seen Sabine hug anyone, nevermind the Cold Jedi himself. He was starting to freak out. What was going on!?

Sabine ignored Ezra for the moment, and whispered in Kanas ear.

"I love you Kanan. Thank you for always being there for me," She tried not to cry. Kanan hugged her tighter.

"I love you too Sabine." He meant to say more, but that was all he could get out. He kissed the side of her head and set her down. He couldnt see it, but she smiled at him, and then acknoledged Ezra.

"Yes Ezra," she said, quickly wiping her eyes. "I'll be staying here on Mandalore. I won't be coming back with you guys." Ezra stared at her, open-mouthed.

"What?" He whispered. Sabine barely refrained from rolling her eyes. She sniffed and nodded her head, indicating she wanted to talk to him in private. Ezra nodded and they walked a little ways away, out of hearing distance of the Ghost crew and the Wrens.

Sabine began.

"Ezra, after all these years, I've finally got my family back. They've finally accepted me in their lives again. Do you know how long I've been waiting for this day? I'll aswer you; a very long time. I can't pass this up. I've finally come home Ezra. Don't you see?" Ezra stared at her, not believing what he was hearing. Or rather, not wanting to believe what he was hearing.

"You've 'finally come home', huh," Sabine immediatly knew she had worded it wrong and tried to say something but before she could open her mouth Ezra continued.

"All those years on the Ghost didn't mean anything to you? Didn't make you think that maybe that was your home? That maybe we're your family?"

Sabine sighed. "Ezra, I-"

"No," he said. He was mad. But he was also very sad. Finally, Sabine had opened up to them, and now she's leaving? Just when Ezra was finally feeling like he had a family? An actual friend? No, he didn't want that. Not at all.

But then on the other hand, if he put himself in her shoes, he knew he would be making the same decision. If his family accepted him years after a life-changing argument, he would come back to them with open arms. His emotions were so messed up . . . He pinched the bridge of his nose, squeezing his eyes shut, trying to focus.

***

Kanan sensed deep indesicion from his padawan. He knew Ezra didn't want to let Sabine go, even though he never really had her. He also knew that Sabine would put him in his place soon enough. Just hopefully before either of them said something stupid.

He heard snow crunching lightly behind him and turned in that direction.

"That boy talking with my girl, he is a Jedi, is he not?" Ursa spoke low and heatedly. Kanan raised a brow at 'that boy' and 'my girl', but let it slide.

"Well, he's my apprentice, so he's not a full fledged jedi yet, but technically, yes, he could be called a jedi."

"Hmf," Ursa muttered. "You know we try not to, say, hang very tight with your species." Now Kanan was glad for the mask that covered his rolling eyes.

"Yes, I have heard that Mandalorians aren't 'tight' with us Jedi." He stressed 'jedi', indicating that they weren't some type of species. Ursa breathed out her nose.

"And, correct me if I'm wrong, but jedi aren't supposed to make attatchments, hm?" She was begining to just annoy Kanan now. He sighed deeply, turning away from Ursa and towards Ezra and Sabine.

"Jedi not forming attachments was in the Old Jedi Code. Now, with no jedi left in that Old Code, we don't need to go by it anymore. We can choose to, if we want, but it's not mandated."

"Hmm," Ursa muttered again. Kanan thought the matter had been laid to rest when the Wren spoke again.

"I'm not sure I like how close they appear." The was she said it, Kanan interpreted it to really mean 'If my precious jewel comes any closer to that revolting species I will personally mount that kids head on my wall.'

Kanan decided to ignore her and wait for Ezra to come back.

***

Sabine's hand on Ezra's shoulder made him open his eyes. She looked deep into them, and he looked deep into hers. After a moment, Sabine spoke, softly.

"Ezra, this is my decision to make. Regardless of whether or not I make the right choice, it is still mine to make. You can understand that, right?" Sabine tilted her head slightly when she finished, studying Ezra, hoping he got the real meaning behind her words.

Ezra stared at her. He pulled his hand up to her face and gently rubbed her cheek with his thumb. He smiled.

"Yes Sabine, I understand now." He hugged her, not caring who was watching. Sabine hugged him back, just now realzing how tall he had grown. He was able to rest his chin on her head now. She didn't entirely disagree with the feeling.

Ezra continued talking. "I understand, and respect the decision you made." Tears came to Sabines eyes as she realized he had gotten her real meaning of what she said earlier.

"It makes me so proud of you Sabine. Just a few months ago, if you had been given the oppertunity, you would have declined coming here; adamently. You never spoke of your family, and that was that.

"But now, your here, and your going to stay. Even though it breaks my heart, I'm proud of you Sabine. I think, no, I know you made the right decision. And I will miss you. Fiercely. But you will always be in my heart,"

Ezra bent his head down to her ear and whispered,

"Forever."

:)
Awwwwwww, SABEZRA FOREVER XD
How was it? Good? Bad? Does anyone feel like rating it 1 - 10, 10 being perfect, 1 being disgusting? I would love it if you did!!
That was pretty short, and sappy, but, aside from my ever present lack-of-details issues, (I would love to hear your thoughts on these) I felt it was pretty good. But my thoughts don't matter, only yours do CX
Ok, yeah, so have a great day/night guys/gals, see you next time Rebels!!!

PS its ok, you can tell me what you feel about this chapter, whether is positive or negative; if you guys only write positive things, then I'll think I'm pefect and I'll never learn anything! But just giving a shoutout to everyone who has ever commented, I TOTALLY LOVE YOU. :D

PPS AHHHHHHH!!!! 900 reads!?!?!?!? OMJDFIOMGCMG!!!! THANKS SO MUCH REBELS!!!!!!! LOVE YA's!!!!!!

PPPS this authors note is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long . . . . . . .

~Me