Imprisoned

(17 y.o. Ezra)

" . . . err . .  " Sabine mumbled, slowly blinking. Her thoughts were mushy, and she couldn't focus. She shook her head to clear it, and took a deep breath. She then opened her eyes fully, and saw she was looking sat a grey wall. That, she registered, was not good. She then felt something brush against her ear and moved to scratch it, but she couldn't move her hand! Appaled, she looked down and took everything it: she was sitting up on the ground in an Impereal cell, with her arms chained to her legs, and she just now realized that a chain wrapped over her arms and around her chest several times, binding her to something. Sabine frowned, and was about to try and figure out what she was bound to when . . .

"Sabine?" She heard a quiet voice say from behind her. Her eyes widened.

"Ezra?!" She whisper-screamed.

"Sabine!" Ezra said, this time in a slightly louder and more relieved tone. "I thought you'd never wake up." Sabine rolled her eyes, turning her stress into sass.

"Yeah, well, now I'm awake; you satisfied?" She tried tossing her head in frusteration but only succeded in hitting Ezra's head, making her even more mad. She gritted her teeth, waiting for Ezra to make some salty response.

When he didn't, she sighed, and realized it was she in the wrong.

"I'm sorry Ezra, I didn't mean to flip out on you. I just. . . "

"Its ok Sabine," Ezra replied gently. "I understand." They sat, chained together, in peaceful silence, until Ezra came up with an idea.

"Hey Sabine," Ezra asked in a thoughtful tone.

"Yeah Ezra?" She replied, refusing to let too much hope enter her voice.

He continued, "Do you think it would be possible to move these chains up and over our heads?"

Sabine took a moment to think it over. She tested how tight they were, and found that they weren't to bad. She shrugged.

"Yeah, its worth a shot," she replied.

"Ok," Ezra said."I don't know if this is actual fact, but I think heads are usually longer than they are wide, so . . . "

" . . .we should turn our heads sideways when we do it." Sabine finished for him. She couldn't see it, but Ezra grinned to himself.

"Yeah, right," he said. "Ok, ready?"

Sabine replied "Ready as I'll ever be." And they began. Before they had started shrugging them higher, Sabine had thought the chains were somewhat loose under her chest. Now she found it VERY difficult to get it up to her neck. Ezra and Sabine pushed as hard as they could against each other, trying to make an extra centimeter or two that would make the difference. At one point Sabine couldn't even take a deep breath.

Finally, after what seemed like ages, and several breaks to catch their breath, they got it up to their necks. They took another break, gasping for air, heads down, wishing prisoners got water.

"You . . . Ready?" Ezra panted.

" . . . Yeah . . . " Sabine replied.

And they began again. Fifteen minutes of pushing, pulling, shrugging, nodding, and occasionally bitting the chain, they got it off. With a disgusted grunt, Ezra swing his head for the last time, flinging the chain into the corner with a clang. They both heaved a great sigh of relief, and lay down, heads touching.

Sabine's mouth twitched when she felt how soft Ezra's hair was. Unfortunatly for her, it was at the same time Ezra decided to reach out through the force to see if she was ok. Ezra blushed and frowned when he felt that.