Force Sight - part 1

An AU where Sabine stayed with the Ghost Crew, set as Thrawn is attacking their base.

"Time to go!" Hera yelled. Bendu was turning the sky a menacing brown, but clearly Kanan trusted the guy. While the Imperials where staring at the sky in horror, the Ghost crew started running towards the Ghost.

"Go go go!" Kanan yelled, reaching the ramp first and letting it down. Lighting cracked, almost hitting them, and Zeb and Ezra ran faster. They made it to the ramp, with the howling wind growing by the second.

"Shut it!" Hera yelled to Kanan. He nodded, and moved to hit the button, when his hand was stopped mid air.

"Wait!" Ezra yelled, his left hand in the air, holding his masters through the force. "Where's Sabine?" Suddenly the Ghost crew realized they were short a member. Ezra released Kanan, and everyone ran to the end of the ramp.

Zeb took a deep breath.

"SABINE!" He roared. Everyone froze, and it seemed like even the wind stopped for a moment. Ezra scanned everywhere, his senses on hyper alert. Then he saw her.

"Sabine!" He yelled. Disregarding the shouts of his crew, he ran out into the storm that was again blowing full force. He speed over to a crate, and he saw Sabine on her side, unconscious. His eyes widened, but he didn't panic. He knelt down and picked her up, throwing her limp body over his shoulder.

As he jogged back to the Ghost, he thought he detected a faint whiff of something burning. Suddenly lightning stuck immediately to his left, causing several Imperials to scream, and Ezra picked up his speed, racing on board the Ghost.

"We're good Hera; get us out of here!" He yelled, knowing Hera would be in the pilots seat. Zeb shut the ramp just as they were taking off.

"Hang on, its gonna get bumpy!" Said Hera over the intercom. Zeb noticed the unconscious Mandalorian on the bay floor, and grabbed her under the armpits, holding onto her so she wouldn't get hurt. Then he grabbed a bar on the ship just in time. The air turbulence started knocking everyone about.

"Ahhh!" Ezra yelled, not grabbing anything in time, as he went rolling down to the shut ramp. Zeb laughed watching him. Ezra banged his head on the wall.

"Oww!" He howled, clutching it. He looked up to see Zeb dying of laughter. He frowned.

"Oh can it Zeb!" He threw at the Lasat. Zeb mimed hitting his head.

"Ooh," he said in a high pitched voice. "I've hit me head. What am I to do, hahaha!" Ezra glowered at him, but grabbed a protruding bar, swearing vengeance when the rough ride smoothed out.

***

(In the cockpit)

"This is your FRIEND?" Hera said to Kanan, gritting her teeth, trying to fly out of the magical storm.

"Eeh," Kanan said, looking oddly at the storm. "When I left, we weren't really on good terms." He said mildly.

"'Weren't really on good terms,' huh," Hera muttered, steering around the thunder as best as she could.

Hera brought her ship up as fast as she could go.

"Almost...there..." Finally, they broke the surface of the planet. But then they faced another problem. There were four Imperial Star Destroyers here. Hera groaned and banked left. Kanan saw through the force the Star Destroyers and grimaced. He opened his mouth, and-

"Not now dear," Hera said without even looking at him. Kanan glanced at her strangely. Then of course he opened his mouth again, and again-

"I said not now Kanan!" This time Hera did take a second to glare at him, and Kanan slunk back in his seat, content to let her do the hard work.

Hera found a clear area and shot through it. With open space ahead, she hit the hyperspace button, and they were safe.

She flopped back in her seat, wiping her brow. She took a deep breath, and then shut her eyes against the 'look' Kanan was giving her. She had known him long enough that she didn't need her eyes open to know he was looking at her.

Many things rushed through Kanan's mind as to what he could say. He rested his elbow on the console, knowing Hera didn't mind him 'staring' at her. He thought, but decided to keep it simple.

"Good job," he said simply. Hera raised an eyebrow at that but didn't open her eyes, knowing there was more to come.

Then she felt a warm hand on her shoulder, and she placed hers over it. It lingered for a moment, and then the door opened. The hands wiped apart, and Hera sat up straight, opening her eyes. Ezra was there, and he looked scared. He clearly missed what had just happened. He looked at Kanan, then to Hera.

"Are you ok?" She asked the teen. Ezra stared at her wide eyed.

"No, well yes, technically, I'm fine, sort of, but it's not me it's Sabine! She's hurt Hera; you've gotta help her!" Hera immediately looked at Kanan, alarmed. He turned her way, frowning, and they both rushed to the door together.

Ezra led them down the hall to the medbay. The door swished open, and the medical droid was standing over the girl. Sabine lay in bed, eyes closed, breathing only slightly. Ezra rushed over to her. He stood at her bedside. Gently, he grabbed her hand, his eyes never leaving her face. As soon as he grabbed her hand, he felt...different. Like somehow connected to her. He had never felt this before when he had grabbed her hand.

He looked over at Kanan, who was right behind him.

"Kanan...," he struggled to put into words how he felt. Kanan frowned lightly, wondering what the boy was trying to convey. Ezra looked down at his feet; he concentrated on Sabines warm hand in his.

"Kanan, I don't know what happened to her, but, I think...," he hesitated, knowing this would sounds ridiculous. "...I think I'm feeling a Force bond with her Kanan." He looked up at his master. Kanan's eyebrows were slightly lifted, the equivalent to a scream for him. Hera's eyes widened, and she too looked at the Jedi Knight.

Kanan thought for a moment, then he walked up to Ezra. Kanan tapped Ezra's shoulder, and Ezra understood. He let go of Sabines hand. Kanan felt around for a moment, then grasped the girls hand. For a moment he felt nothing.

But then it was as Ezra had said. He suddenly felt connected to Sabine, in a way only Force wielders could feel with other Force wielders. It was very slight, but still, it startled him so much he dropped her hand.

Ezra looked at his master, extremely concerned.

"Kanan," Kanan took a deep breath, but didn't reply to his padawan. Instead, he walked over to the corner, where Zeb was quietly talking with the med droid. Zeb looked at him, and then left the med droid.

Kanan asked, "What happened?"

Zeb sighed, hating to be the bearer of bad news. "She got struck, Kanan." It was exactly what Kanan had feared. Not letting Hera or Ezra overhear, he nodded to Zeb, asking him to continue.

Zeb looked down. "The droid said she'd be fine, but there is one thing." Orrelios scratched his head.

"She's gonna wake up blind, Kanan."

Hi, I'm back!! SO sorry I kinda fell off the face of the Earth!! No ideas, at least good ones XD Yes, I'm also sorry this is only 12 hundred words; and yes, this ya another Part 1! Soorrryyy!!!

Anywho, hope you enjoyed it!
Bye!

Me