Something New -Dean

revised, not quite improved version [oct. 2023]

»»»»»

Today you've told the brother's about the strange occurings that have been happening all over your university for the past two days. About how the air turned freezing cold all of a sudden, and about the boy shouting violently. He had seen a dead woman in the girls washroom, was what he had said. A dead woman. A ghost?

"Wait, what?" Dean had asked, cutting you off in the middle of your story, "In the girls' washroom? Howdey, cowboy."
"Dean, really? I have to be there every damn day, most likely getting haunted from now on and all you jerk do is... talk about that horny compadre of yours?" I replied, raising an eyebrow at him. Sam's could be heard chuckling from the back of the room. But Dean seemed offended and simply stayed quiet.

"Okay, it definitely looks like a job. The question is: how should we show up there? We can't just go as Agents if there hasn't been an actual body found. Maybe  the spirit looked just like how she died, years ago, possibly," Sam broke the silence.

"I think gym teachers should work," you answered playfully and didn't try to hide your eyes moving over to Dean. "Never again! Those little bastards are not even capable of giving a decent performance in dodgeball."
"Maybe some kind of... janitor then, ok?" Sam said.
"Yeah that could work," you replied.

The next day

Sam did some research and found out about two deaths on the premises. "A suicide in the washroom and a teacher drowning in a toilet after getting her head held down 'till she finally died..." he had said, disgust written all over his face. "Man, school... Should be illegal," Dean said.

The boys let you out of the impala a block behind the university, so you wouldn't be seen with them. Dean reached for your wrist and said softly, "Be careful, okay?"
You just smiled back at him and walked off, hearing Sam and Dean going back to arguing. A bright smile took over your whole face. I do love these idjits.

When it was time for lunch, you went straight for the cafeteria catching sight of Sam helping the janitor with a window. Just as quick you found Dean sitting on a table, already stuffing his face with something. You didn't know if they had found something but you did know that you couldn't just walk up to one of them. When Dean saw you he smiled, his mouth full of that disgusting pizza they serve there. You had to surpress a laugh and approached his table, walked past it and slid your hand across his back in a swift and gentle motion, and sat down two tables away from his. He appeared to be a bit taken aback by your daring - Even though you always teased him like this; it's kind of a thing between him and you.

Suddenly, a girl stormed into the cafeteria with sweat running down her temples and a frightened look adorning her beautiful face. Sam must have noticed it as well, for he took the initiative and made to talk to her. Dean and you simply exchanged alarmed glances and got up slowly, waiting for Sam to give you a sign. Sam nod into your direction and exited the room. The two of you inconspicuously followed him until eventually, you found him in the hall.

"Once again in the girls' room," he mumbled.
"I should go first."
"Y/n, no. This thing hasn't been dangerous yet, but it still can be," Dean replied.
"Dean, I'm not a hunter-baby in training anymore, and you and Sam are right outside; everything will be okay."

You had just closed the door behind you when your back was being pressed against the wall. Ugh, it hurt. You groaned lightly and the spirit started, approaching with menacing steps. Her face was covered in cuts, bruises and scars. Her hair appeared to have been cut by a three year old. Yet, you remained calm - interest took over you. She looked damaged, broken. Suddenly, she reached out to touch your face and you felt her nail cut your cheekbone. The shock made you scream. The door nearly fell from his hinges when Dean kicked it open, and you caught him throwing something made of iron at the spirit. She disappeared. You fell down to your knees and he stormed to your aid.