Chapter 1: The picture

WARNING: Do not read this story if you're planning on reading the first book in this series: "Invisible". This book contains SPOILERS.

___________________________

Luke's POV

After 10 minutes the ambulance arrived. They took Blair with them, I hope they can save her.

Rachel and me got in my car, we drove right after the ambulance.

I had my eyes on the ambulance. I didn't look away for once. I knew my baby sister was in there, fighting for her life.

"Why would she lie?" Rachel sniffled. She looked at me. "Why would she lie to us, about Willow?"

"I don't know." And it is true, I don't know. I don't know why she saw Willow. I don't even know who Willow is. "I don't know." I repeated.

Rachel sighed. "I wish we had known sooner." She sniffled again. "We could've helped her."

I didn't respond to that anymore, I just kept looking at the ambulance.

We soon arrived at the hospital. Rachel and me hurried and got out of the car. We hurried inside and caught up with the doctors and Blair.

They brought her to an emergency room and asked us to wait outside the room. We both sat down at chairs. Rachel sat to my left.

We waited in silence. Both of us were waiting impatiently, while silently crying and fearing that it actually might already be too late for Blair.

Rachel suddenly moved, she took something out of her pocket. I looked at her and saw her taking out the picture of Blair and Willow.

She looked at it intently. She went over Blair's face with her dumb, as if caressing Blair. She then started crying.

I reached for her and held her in my arms, trying to comfort her as best as I could. "I'm sorry." I whispered before kissing her head. "I was so blind."

Rachel pulled back. "We all were." She looked back at the picture. "She saw someone that wasn't there."

I let out a breath. "Or maybe..." I stopped.

Rachel backed off to get a better look at me. "Maybe what?"

I took the picture as well. "Maybe Willow was real but we never saw her."

Rachel looked from the picture to me. "She's supposed to be on this picture, Luke. How do you explain that?"

I slowly shook my head. "I... I don't know." I sighed deeply. "I'm trying to understand this situation."

Rachel slowly nodded. "Me too."

_____________________________

An hour passed, I don't know what was taking them so long honestly. How can they keep trying for that long? Is it even worth it at this point?

I looked at my left and saw Rachel was still looking at the picture. She hadn't released it since she saw it, basically. I wonder why.

"Luke?"

I looked at my right, seeing mom and dad run to me. They were back sooner than expected. I stood up and immediately ran to them. We all hugged each other, seeking for comfort by one another.

They pulled back first. "Where is she?" mom asked while dad wiped his tears away.

I motioned them to the emergency room in front of us. "They brought her there over an hour ago." I let out a breath. "Isn't it supposed to be done already?"

Mom looked from the door to me. "I don't know, sweetie." She pulled me back in for a hug.

Dad walked to the chair and sat down next to Rachel. He looked at her. "What are you holding?"

I backed off and walked to them, so mom followed as well. "Before seeing that picture, you should read this." I handed them Blair's letter.

Dad carefully took it, I think he knows what that is. He pulled it closer and looked at it before looking at me.

I slowly nodded and motioned them to read it.

While mom and dad were reading it, Rachel and me were looking at them. Their faces dropped immediately, tears rolled down their cheeks and their hands were shaking.

When they were done, Rachel handed them the picture. "This is a picture of her and Willow."

Mom and dad looked at it before quickly looking at Rachel and me. "Where's Willow?" dad asked, he seemed confused.

I nodded while Rachel sighed. "She doesn't exist." Rachel informed them.

Dad and mom looked taken back by that. Dad looked down, burying his face in his hands. While mom looked determined to fix this.

"How can she not exist? Blair talked so much about her." dad muttered. He was in disbelieve about this whole situation. "I don't understand." He sniffled.

"We don't know either, dad." I sniffled as well. "We think Blair had more problems than we originally thought she had."

At that he looked up at me. "I refuse to believe that." He took the picture again. "The girl on this picture was happy here, I'm sure she wasn't alone."

"But - "

"Even though Willow's not on here, I'm convinced she is real." He looked at me. "We should find her, she can save Blair."

"Honey," Mom caressed dad's knee. "We shouldn't dream about things that won't happen. Willow, real or not, was a problem to Blair. I don't want her anywhere near our family."

"But honey, she clearly loved this Willow girl, keeping them separated is what caused this whole situation."

I slowly nodded, I kinda agree with dad. But I also agreed with mom, I didn't want Willow near us anymore.

I looked at Rachel, she seemed so busy, thinking. She was looking at the picture intensively, as if something would happen with it. I wonder what she's thinking about.

Suddenly the door behind me opened, the emergency room where Blair was in.

A doctor came out. He held a few papers in his hand, as if he would forgot what he was supposed to say without them. "Are you all here for Blair Heller?"

Mom and dad stood up, joining me in front of the doctor. "We are her family." Dad informed the doctor. "Do you have any news about her?"

He slowly nodded while looking at the papers. "We tried reanimating her for half an hour," He paused, now looking at us. "It worked, we got her back."

To that all of us let out a breath of relieve. "And what now? Is she awake?"

"No," He looked at his paper again. "She slipped in a coma right after we got her back." He looked at us, he must've noticed our scared expressions because he added: "But don't worry, that happens more often in these cases. It's the body's way of healing up."

"So she'll be alright?"

The doctor slowly nodded. "It looks good for her."

____________________________

Hello everyone

Welcome back to the world of Blair, and Willow. In this sequel we'll look for one question: who is Willow?

I hope you'll enjoy :)

- LxT4ever