Chapter Three|Astonishment

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, the door opened and Leah walked in. Snape seemed to almost half smile as she sat behind his desk in his chair. He didn't mind she was there and simply disregarded her presence.

Angelina started to whisper to Marisol and Alicia. George did the same to Fred.

"Why isn't she in a desk?" Fred shrugged and watched as Snape walk over to his desk. He spoke to her breifly, and she nodded before disappearing into his study.

Fred and George leaned over to listen to the other three's conversation.

"She takes harder classes with Snape, remember? She does seventh year potions." Fred and George couldn't believe what they just heard.

The same ideas seemed to be swirling in their heads, but they needed to get more information first.

Leah was sitting in the great hall without any of her friends, but she enjoyed being alone.

Suddenly, the twins walked through the door and Leah lost all thought once more. For some reason, their eyes couldn't let her speak or think one bit.

"Oi, Rose. Mind telling us what classes you take this year?" Leah snapped out of it and stared at the table for focus.

"Seventh year potions, and sixth year in every other class." Fred was completely astonished at how truly smart the girl was.

"You're a smart one, aren't you?" She shrugged. To be fair, the only class she took at a normal rate was care of magical creatures.

"You could say that. Although I don't think I would like being referred to as 'a smart one'." Fred glanced over at George. They were bewildered at her sudden feisty attitude.

"We hear you're bloody brilliant at potions. Is that true, Rose?" They were sitting on either side of her now, and she felt like she was under pressure.

"Yes, why do you ask?" They smirked at her. She felt highly uncomfortable and began to stand up.

"We'd like some assistance." They watched as she gathered her books and held them to her chest.

"With what, if I may ask?"

"First with some ideas. Then with making said ideas-"

"No. Good day, boys." She turned on her heel and nearly strutted out with a smirk.

They both had their mouths open as she left the great hall.

"She didn't even let us finish our proposal, Freddie!" Fred shook his head as the girl left.

"She was smart enough to figure it out for herself, Georgie."

Marisol was stressing once more when Leah entered the dormitory. She seemed rather happy to Marisol.

"Why are you smiling?" Leah stopped in her tracks and glanced at Marisol.

"I'm smiling?" Marisol nodded at the girl who looked almost frozen.

Leah hardly ever smiled on her own. She would fake a smile for politeness, never just because she was feeling happy.

Leah's normal happy expression consisted of a close mouthed smile and slightly shining eyes. The instead changed from a grayish and pale blue to a ocean color.

But right now she was smiling. She was showing her teeth and her eyes were like those oceans again. Marisol hadn't seen her like this for a while. Last time she had seen this was when Cho Chang fell down the stairs outside the Gryffindor common room.

"Yes, Leah. You're smiling. Care to tell me why?" Leah shook her head.

"I would not care to tell you. I don't think I can't even care to tell myself right now." Leah sat down on her bed and closed the curtains on the four poster.

She cast a silencing charm on her four poster and began to cry. This happened to be a habit of Leah, rooting at her family.

Her mother and father loved her greatly before she turned eleven. They spoiled her with everything they could, and treated her like a princess.

The day she got her letter was the day her father wanted to disown her. Her mother didn't enjoy her daughter either. She hated the fact that her only child wasn't a normal human being. From that day on, they began treating her poorly.

There were times when Leah would await the harsh treatment, but instead saw a loving look on her mother's face. She smiled and tried to believe her parent had realized their wrong actions, but then found disappointment.

She was never physically hit, but the abuse came verbally. Her mother would pretend to love her, and then hit the defenseless child with every word she could. This is why Leah cried after she was happy.

She had gotten so used to being hurt after her happiness, it became routine. No matter what made her happy, she'd cry afterwards. She wouldn't be insulted, but she'd still cry. She didn't know any other way, and she couldn't break out of the habit either.

She didn't even know what had made her happy. She was astonished that two people carrying mischievous conversation had made her so entertained.

She was so astonished that something about the Weasley twins had made her so happy.