Chapter 20

Nightfoot stood still, shocked. Moonshine raised her head, still glaring at Nightfoot and she puffed out her fur. 

"Well?" Nightfoot stood so still, Moonshine thought he was paralyzed but after a few heartbeats he responded but stammered to much for Moonshine to understand. "I-It's b-because..."

He stopped there and tried to race into the forest but Moonshine grabbed him by the scruff and yanked him back. She pressed her nose to his, then backed away and yowled, "You know what, I don't care about your reasons! You killed a kit before even it lived a full day! You're a fox-heart and a mouse-brain!" Moonshine growled. "I don't know why I ever made you my deputy!

 She dragged him back to camp by the scruff and glared at him. "You don't and will never deserve to lead this clan." She flicked her ear and began walking faster.

************

"...and I'd like everyone's opinion." Moonshine had announced to the clan what Nightfoot had done. "Raise your tail for Nightfoot to leave and keep your tail down if you want him to stay." Not a single tail wasn't raised except for Nightfoot's. 

"In that case..." Moonshine glared hardly at Nightfoot. "...this is the final time we will see Nightfoot. We shall never speak of him again." 

Moonshine and Yellowmoon escorted out of clan territories. Nightfoot locked his gaze on Moonshine. 

"I'll be back, and you'll regret exiling me. I'll take every life from you and be the leader, and I'll lead it better than any leader in clan history." Moonshine tilted her head. "You'll take a trip to the Dark Moon (Dark forest) when you die and Shineclan would never give a single extra life."  Nightfoot glared at Moonshine and growled as he stormed off.