Chapter 5

Brightclaw had just fallen asleep when she opened her eyes again. But instead of being inside the apprentice den, she was in unknown territory. "Hello Brightclaw," She heard a voice say. Before she could say anything, a blue-gray she-cat padded toward her. 

Who is that cat? Brightclaw thought. "My name is Duskshine, the first leader of Duskclan," she meowed, almost as if she could read her mind.

"Am I dead?" Brightclaw began to panic, but as tried to run, Duskshine's heavy paw knocked her down. "No, you're not dead. I'm visiting your dreams. There is something I must tell you." "A prophecy?" Brightclaw asked. "Yes. After the sky clears, it will darken from the betrayal caused by trusted ones."

 Brightclaw repeated the prophecy to herself and suddenly realized everything was fading. I'm waking up, she thought.

"BRIGHTCLAW!" Darkclaw yowled so close to her ear she thought it would explode. "WE'RE GONNA MISS HUNTING!" 

"Ok..." Brightclaw felt like she barely slept a heartbeat. Once she exited the den, almost the moment she padded in front of the nursery, the kits rolled into her. "Sorry," Nightkit mewed apologetically, and the kits scampered back into the nursery.

Kits, Brightclaw thought. Overly energetic. She sighed and dashed towards her sister. 

"Let's go!" Darkclaw exclaimed.

Suddenly, she thought of the prophecy. After the sky clears, it will darken from theb caused by trusted ones. Trusted ones? Are you a murderer, Moonface? Wolfclaw? Moonshine? Suddenly she realized who it most likely cat would be. Darkclaw? No, she paused. Maybe. But why would you ever do that, Darkclaw? You're my sister!