Chapter 14

"The twoleg nest?" Risingclaw and her brother, Settingclaw, happened to be in earshot of Thunderkit and Stormkit. "What makes you think she would be there?" "Well," Stormkit began. "I think she feels so bad about almost killing me, she ran away to the twolegs."

Risingclaw nodded. "I see. Since your still kits, We'll come with you." Settingclaw padded next to his sister and shook his head. "I want to explore the Great Pine. Since it's so big, she might have climbed it to sulk." 

***********

"Lightningkit? Lightningkit?!" Risingclaw called. Suddenly, a kitty-pet that looked just like Lightningkit padded up to her. "I'm not coming back," she meowed and turned around and padded back to the twoleg nest. 

"Wait," Risingclaw blocked her path. "Why did you leave?" Lightningkit just went around her and without turning back said, "I'd rather have this life. And my name is Goldy." Suddenly, Risingclaw saw something red around Goldy's neck. A collar! She thought. I guess there's no way to bring her back now.

Risingclaw found Thunderkit and Stormkit in front of the twoleg nest. "Any luck?" Stormkit asked. "Yes," Risingclaw answered. "But it's impossible to bring her back. She has a collar." Stormkit and Thunderkit were stiff for a couple of heartbeats. Before they could respond, Risingclaw spoke. "Come on, let's get back to camp and tell Moonshine what we saw."