Chapter 13

Stormkit woke up before dawn. She padded over to the corner Lightningkit was always in, but it was empty. Odd, he thought. Maybe she went to get some prey. Stormkit was careful not to get under any paws. When she got there, the only cats at the fresh-kill pile were Settingclaw and Risingclaw. 

Suddenly, Risingclaw saw him. "Oh hi Stormkit," She mewed. "What's wrong? You're shaking." Before he answered, he decided to make loud enough for every cat to hear. "I can't find Lightningkit anywhere!" 

The first reaction was when Moonshine dashed out of her den. "You checked everywhere?" she asked. "The only places she's ever been is in the corner of the nursery or getting prey," Stormkit reassured her. Suddenly, Stormkit realized what could've happened. She must feel so bad when she almost suffocated me, maybe she... 

"Search the whole territory! She could be anywhere!" Stormkit called so all of the clan could hear. Moonshine leaned over him. "What makes you think that?" she questioned. Stormkit took a deep breath before answering. "I think she ran away!"

*************

Stormkit knew her brother was asleep, so she woke him up to tell him what happened. "...and maybe we should help," Stormkit finished.

 Thunderkit shook his head. "I don't think you should look," he said. "I think you should tell me where to look." Thunderkit crouched down and Stormkit jumped on his back. "Where to?" Thunderkit asked. Stormkit thought hard for a few heartbeats. "The twoleg place!"