PROLOGUE

Wolfclaw was frozen, despite his mentor's calls. The battle was a horrible sight. The battle had barely begun, and already they had lost 4 Duskclan warriors, 3 apprentices, and 2 kits were already dead. Dawnclan only lost 3 warriors, 2 apprentices, and 1 kit.

    The river had so much blood in it it was completely red. The river will run red and bodies will flow through. The prophecy! It's this battle, he thought. Wolfclaw hated to watch but he couldn't turn his head away. Then suddenly, he noticed a silver tabby she-cat a few fox-lengths away from the crimson-stained river. There was a figure of a cat behind her, slowly creeping up on her.

   He opened his mouth to warn her, but the moment he began to speak, the cat pounced on her, tearing her throat.

   Wolfclaw raced to stop the cat, but it scurried away upon sight. He thought he had seen golden fur on the cat and by the time he was at the shimmering silver and red cat's body, he noticed a gray black-striped tom nearby. 

 "Dad?..." He was interrupted by the cat. "Wolfclaw, who did this?" Wolfclaw stuttered, eyes watering. "I- uh, I-I-I think i-it was S-sunshine."

"Where'd he go?"

"I-I- uh..."

   Wolfclaw pointed his tail to the opposite direction of the river, seeing bloody pawprints and remembering the cat going that way. The cat began running in that direction. Knowing what he was doing, he attempted to stop him.

"Nightstripe, you'll die!"

"Maybe."

"Yes, you will!"

"No."

"Yes! Don't do it!"

"I honestly don't care! I'd rather be with Silvermoon then without!" Nightstripe hissed. "What about me...?" Nightstripe had already bounded away, realizing it was too late.

He heard his mentor's loud yowl, "WOLFCLAW! WE HAVE INJURED CATS HERE! WE CAN'T JUST HAVE ONE MEDICINE CAT!!!" "Fine," he murmured. I'll morn to you. I'll morn everyone. But I'm alone now. He thought as he raced back to camp, tail drooping.