Chapter 8

_____________________________________________

Brightclaw and Darkclaw's perspective will be skipped this once.

_____________________________________________

Nightkit looked around. Why can't I see? She thought. She forced her eyes opened. Happily, she turned around and was startled to see a she-cat in front of her. Suddenly, the mysterious she-cat flinched. "Her... Her eye color changed," she exclaimed. "They were blue, and now they're yellow!"

Just as Nightkit was about to hiss at her, another she-cat padded up to the other one. "I've heard of cats like this. Her eye color is based on emotion, Lunafur." Lunafur let out a sigh and padded to a patch of moss, and the other she-cat crouched down.

"It's ok, your mother was just startled," she mewed. "Now, you should go back to feeding on her. I'm surprised your eyes are open," she added. "My name is Yellowmoon and if you ever need anything that requires leaving the nursery, just ask me, ok?" Nightkit nodded and headed towards her mother. Her eyes turned blue. She was happy.

****************

___________________________________________ 

Real quick!

Nightkit eye color key:

Yellow- Negative

Amber- Affectionate

Blue- Happy/energetic

Green-Hurt

Ok? Back to the story.

___________________________________________

Suddenly, a black tom with some gray on his legs padded in. Nightkit's eyes turned yellow from surprise. Who is that? "Hi, Nightkit. I see you don't know many cats," The tom meowed. Nightkit nodded. "Well, I'm your father, Moonrise." He pointed his tail to a kit with a panda-like pelt, sucking milk from Nightkit's mother's belly. "That is your brother, Pandakit." Nightkit nodded. "I'll tell you about all the cats in our clan once your a few moons older." "Ok," Nightkit answered. "I'm looking forward to it."