Chapter 1: The Discovery

"Solar!" meowled a nearby tuxedo she-cat. "We get to have meat!" The white and black she-cat, who was pawing at cat flap, trotted toward the other cat. "Lunar, Can you bring a bit out for me, please? I'll be outside." Lunar turned and looked at Solar with a silent nod telling Solar she was saying, "Okay." Solar, satisfied, bounded through the cat flap in the yard, coated in a blanket of snow.

                                                                                 **********

   "You see anyone?" ask Lunar, muffled by the meat she was consuming. "Thanks. No, noth-"  She stopped speaking for she heard paws crunching in the snow.

   The two siblings whipped around to see Cupcake, an old she-cat that looked similar to Lunar, but very plump and shaggy-furred.

    "Cup-" Lunar tried to say, but she was interrupted by the elderly she-cat. 

   "You looking for those crazy forest cats again?" rasped Cupcake, " I remember I saw one once when I was in the forest. It was a fully grown cat, holding this scraggly dead rabbit! It was-" 

  "Cupcake!" interrupted Lunar, "We really don't want to hear your kit's stories." 

  Cupcake rolled her eyes and trotted inside. Solar opened her mouth to speak to Lunar but was interrupted by the sound of a bush making a loud rustling sound next to the missing board in the fence.

  "Who's there?! This is our territory!" She hissed.

  A small tom leaped out of the bush. He had wolf-like patterns and was quite long-furred at the tail.

  "Who are y- oh. It's a kitty-pet," the cat realized. At that moment, a she-cat that was a little less than half golden-furred, and the rest of her pelt was white, had leaped over the fence, glaring at the tom.

  "Wolfclaw! Wh-" she noticed Solar and Lunar, just sitting a few tail-lengths from them, confused. She shot a glare at Wolfclaw and spoke to the confused siblings.

  "I'm Moonface, the Duskclan medicine cat, and this is my apprentice Wolfclaw." Wolfclaw waved nervously as she continued. "Look, we were sent out to find new cats. Would you mi-" She was unable to finish, for she was interrupted by an excited Solar. "Really? You want US to join?! We're up for it! We've always admired you're lifestyles and we love to experience it!" Lunar glared at her. "Us?" she mouthed. Solar glared and her a Lunar nervously looked away.

  Moonface signaled the cats to follow her. They trotted deeper and deeper into the snowy forest, Lunar and Solar heard life padding through the forest at every root, tree, and stone. They arrived at a mountain with a large cave inside. Moonface told them to stay outside as she and Wolfclaw entered. She soon came back and signaled again to follow.

  Wolfclaw was on one side of them and Moonface on the other, they padded into what was easily the easiest the smallest den in the cave. Inside was a gray and white she-cat, calmly sitting on a clump of bedding.

  "These are them?" She asked Moonface, and she nodded. The she-cat turned towards the two sisters."Welcome to Duskclan. I am Moonshine, leader of Duskclan. Moonface is our medicine cat and Wolfclaw's mentor. You will be receiving mentors and apprentice names shortly and will be officially part of our clan. We are thankful we were able to find cats that wanted to join our clan. You are very welcome here by our clan."

  She signaled for Lunar and Solar to follow her as she bounded up towards ledge above her den. "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the high-ledge for a clan meeting!" Moonshine called.

A small number of cats crowded around them, murmuring as they saw Lunar and Solar's collars as Moonshine continued on.

"These two worthy cats are going to be made apprentices. Welcome these new additions to our clan."