Chapter 28

*Louis's POV*

"Well, that was a horrible parent-teacher night," Louis muttered under his breath as he waited outside the hospital room.

"Yeah," Emma said. "Who knew that locking our parents in a closet together even though they haven't seen each other for years would have this kind of effect?"

"I knew," Louis said immediately. "I told you that your plans are no good. They always lead something bad."

You know what's weird? I didn't hear the ambulance come to the school... And they were both locked in a closet for crying out loud... You think Emma and I would have noticed...

"You know what's great?" Emma said. "Mom doesn't even look a bit sad after seeing dad."

"Maybe it's because she used up all her sadness when she was locked in a closet," Louis suggested.

Emma ignored him, "I would never expect Dad to go into shock. You would think that it would be Mom."

Louis shook his head. "Dad is a lot more emotional than Mom. She's a lot tougher than him."

A nurse walked out the room and nodded her head at them both. "You both can come in now. He's ready to see you."

With that being said, they both rushed into the room.

*Adrien's POV*

"Dad!" He heard two voices exclaim. Adrien turned his head towards his children.

"I'm fine," He stated, knowing that's what they wanted to know the most. "Apparently, I was supposed to pick up some medicine after the whole car crash incident and I forgot to. It was supposed to help blood circulate in my brain or whatnot because of some bleeding."

"Actually, your father took the medicine to his home and after trying it, he decided that he could get well on his own if he believed in himself. He probably clapped his hands repeatedly thinking that he could get better by doing so." Marinette said, saying the last part sarcastically.

"So you're saying that dad drank the medicine, had thought it tasted disgusting and absolutely refused to drink it," Louis confirmed.

"That's your father for you," Marinette said. "He's such a child."

"I'm not a child," Adrien said stubbornly. "You don't have to admit it if you don't want to, Dad," Emma said with a smile.

This feels just like old times... Adrien thought with a smile. The family together and all... 

"So when is Dad going to get out?" Louis asked, curious. Adrien opened his mouth, but it was Marinette who spoke for him. "Your father is getting out after a week. Apparently, he stressed his brain too much and he needs his rest."

"What?!" Adrien exclaimed. "The doctor said I could get out tomorrow!" Marinette smiled evilly. "I told him that you need a few more days of rest."

"If Dad even tried to get out of the hospital early, he doesn't have a car because our old one broke," Emma noted. Adrien groaned.

"I also took away your phone. You can use the hospital one instead," Marinette said. Emma nodded, "Who knows? You could order an Uber to get yourself out of here?"

"You really don't trust me, don't you?" Adrien said. 

"It's not that," Louis said. "We feel like you're going to get injured again once you get out of the hospital. You usually go to the hospital every year."

"But I only went to the hospital like twice this year!" Adrien exclaimed. "It's not like I go there every day."

Marinette shrugged. "You're staying in here either way." 

"Don't worry about it, Dad!" Emma said, putting a hand on his shoulder. "I'm sure you'll love eating a pb&j every day for a week."

Adrien groaned once more. "Are you trying to torture me?" Emma nodded with a grin. "Isn't it obvious?"

Why did Emma have to inherit my annoyingness... even though that's not a word...  

"But don't worry Dad," Louis said, picking up piles of papers from his backpack. "You'll have to respond to all these parents who wanted to talk to you because you weren't here on parent-teacher night..."

Louis and Emma both suddenly froze, realizing Louis's mistake. Emma and Louis were the ones who locked him in that closet causing him to miss much of parent-teacher night... 

Marinette put on her parent face and turned to Emma and Louis. "We'll discuss that at home. Why don't you say goodbye to your father? Visiting hours are almost over considering how late it is tonight..."

"Bye, Dad!" Emma and Louis chorused as they gave him a hug and walked out the room.

Marinette turned to him, wanting to say something by the looks of it, but decided otherwise and walked out the room as well.

Adrien looked at the door and sat there wondering. How was everything going to turn out now?

A/N:

Sorry for the long wait! Having tons of homework thrown at me took me away from Wattpad for a while. Anyhow, I hope you like this chapter! The book is almost over and I hope you all enjoyed it so far!

Have a miraculous day

~GreekMythology17