Chapter 9

*Ladybug's POV*

Ladybug swung up to the Eiffel Tower using her yo-yo, she was wondering why Chat Noir had called her up here. Maybe it was because he wanted to catch-up on things with her.

Ladybug landed and looked around, he was nowhere in sight. Where is he? Ladybug thought, thinking he had bailed out on her.

"I'm here, LB," Chat Noir said, sitting down like a cat. "Some things never change, do they?" Ladybug muttered.

Apparently Chat Noir had heard her. "Yup, some things never change," He replied, grinning. He stood up, walking toward her.

"I just called you here so we could catch up on things, whatever's been happening for a decade and a half."

"That's what I would have done," She replied, curious about Chat Noir's life. He must have a great wife, kids, and who knows? He might even own a cat.

"You go first," He said, curious just like her. "No, you," She said back. 

"Your life would be more interesting, though," Chat said. "No, yours would be more interesting," She argued.

The both looked at each other, not blinking until they both started to laugh. "Is your life really that bad?" Ladybug asked, laughing. "And yours?" Chat Noir inquired, laughing as well.

"Okay, okay," Ladybug said, wiping a tear away from her eye. "You first,"

"Well," Chat Noir said. "I'm a divorcee and a teacher. I also have two kittens."

Chat Noir, a divorcee? Ladybug thought. Whoever divorced him would be a complete fool. He's kind, brave, caring, smart, and skillful. And him being a teacher? That sounds so unbelievable. The kitten part, though, I knew he would own some.

"You?" Ladybug said in disbelief, "A teacher? Don't tell me, you go into class making cat puns?"

"Well, I do make puns time to time." Chat Noir said, smiling. "It's your turn, now."

*Chat Noir's POV*

Ladybug played with her thumbs. "I love designing things, I have two kids, and I'm a divorcee too."

Ladybug, single? Chat Noir thought. Why would anybody divorce Ladybug? She's brave, beautiful, kind, bold, courageous, and had every quality I would want to see in someone I married.

Whoever divorced Ladybug, that guy's a fool. Chat Noir thought, angrily. Ladybug must have been through so much pain because of that guy. Oh, how I want to punch that ex-husband of hers in the face.

"Wow," Chat Noir found himself saying. "We're more alike than we even thought."

"That's for sure," Ladybug muttered.

"At least, I can still call you M'Lady," He replied with a grin. "Not calling you that would have killed me."

"Sure," said Ladybug, rolling her eyes. "I'm serious, though," Chat Noir said. "I still can't believe you're a teacher," Ladybug said. "What kind of teacher?"

"Physics," said Chat Noir immediately. Ladybug said nothing.

"What?" said Chat Noir, coming closer. "You never expected this cat to be so smart, did you?"

"N-no, it's not that," Ladybug said, with a stutter. Ladybug, stuttering? This was new. "Then what is it?" Chat Noir asked, curious.

"M-my ex-h-husband is a physics teacher." Ladybug said, a tear dropping from her eye. "H-he broke m-my heart." She started crying.

Chat Noir wanted to punch this ex-husband of Ladybug's. How dare he hurt Ladybug? Why did that guy even marry her in the first place?

Chat looked at Ladybug who was crying, and he hugged her. "It's okay, M'Lady, it's okay," He said. "Want me to punch that ex-husband of yours? I can do it if you want."

Ladybug laughed slightly. "No, no, don't do that. My kids would be absolutely terrified if they learned that Chat Noir had punched their father in the face."

She had kids, Chat Noir had totally forgotten about that. But no matter, he loved her anyways. Shut up, His mind said, you're basically a grown man now, why would you ever marry Ladybug? You both have kids.

Well, said the other half of his brain. I would love them too.

But Emma and Louis would have to fight for their attention, argued the other side of his mind.

No, they won't, his pro-marrying Ladybug half thought. I'll treat them all equally. With the same love.

Chat Noir realized he hadn't spoken for a while. Ladybug was staring at him intently, waiting for a response. "Oh, um..." Chat Noir forgot the topic. He changed it. "Why do you think Hawkmoth is akumatizing people after all this time?"

"I don't know," Ladybug said, sighing, "It could be our Hawkmoth or maybe even a new one."

"Well, M'Lady," Chat Noir said with a smile. "At least Hawkmoth knows that Paris still has us."

"Hawkmoth better watch out," Ladybug said. "Because the Ladybug and Chat Noir duo are back."

"The Chat Noir and Ladybug duo, you mean," Chat Noi said.

"Whatever," Ladybug said, rolling her eyes.

The two smiled, they were back, and they were doing what they did best. Saving Paris.