Chapter 6

*Ladybug's POV*

(Past)

Ladybug was lying down on the grass staring at the stars, along with her partner, Chat Noir. She looked at him to find that he was staring at her.

"M'Lady," Chat Noir said, "When we are no longer miraculous holders, will we still see one another?" 

Ladybug processed the words, at some point in the future they were not going to be Ladybug and Chat Noir anymore, but instead, they were going to be Marinette and whomever Chat was in real life.

Ladybug didn't want Chat out of her life, they had a bond now, a partner bond, she couldn't just forget him. 

"Don't worry you silly cat," Ladybug said, "We'll know our identities by then," If I'm brave enough to reveal mine, Ladybug thought.

Chat was then silent, for a few seconds, but then spoke, "When to be exact?" he asked, "In a few days, months, or years?" 

"I don't know, Chat, I don't know," Ladybug said. "But I know that I will, someday."

*Chat Noir's POV*

(Past)

  "I don't know, Chat, I don't know," Ladybug said. "But I know that I will, someday." 

Ladybug herself had admitted that she would reveal her identity soon, but what was bothering Chat was when she would show him who she truly was. 

"M'Lady?" He asked, "What if we never reveal our identities to one another?" Ladybug stared at the stars, "If we don't, just remember Chat Noir, I will never forget you,"

I will never forget you too, Chat Noir thought, Because you'll be mine by then.

Chat followed Ladybug's beautiful bluebell eyes to see her looking at two shooting stars, "Let's make a wish, M'Lady," He said, waiting for an answer.

Chat suddenly had a flashback, 

'He was walking through the park with his mother. "See that?" she asked him pointing at something in the sky. "What is it, mommy?" his three-year-old self had asked her, wanting to know what she had discovered. 

"It's a shooting star," she said, pointing at it. He suddenly noticed it, "I see it now!" He had exclaimed. "Make a wish," She said, smiling. 

"I wish that-" He had said, but was cut off by his mother. "Make sure that I don't hear you," She said, "If I hear you, then your wish doesn't come true,"

"Okay, mommy," He said, and made his wish. His wish was to have a time like this again, wishing on a star with someone he loved beside him.'

"So, let's make that wish," Ladybug said, drifting him out of his thoughts. She pointed at one of the shooting stars. "That one's mine."

Chat Noir pointed at the other one, "And that one is mine," he said, smiling. His old wish had come true, he was wishing on a star with someone he loved.

*Third Person POV*

Both of them looked at their shooting stars and made their wish, not knowing that they had made the same wish, to see one another again in the future.

In the future, they would both unknowingly look out at the stars, remembering the wishes they had made so long ago. 

Ladybug and Chat Noir wondered why their wishes didn't come true and why they never saw each other yet, but what they didn't know was that they did see each other, to be in fact, they saw each other literally every day.

Two souls, both not knowing they had seen the other, to be more ironic, they were once married to one another and they both had never noticed. 

The sadness of that, wishing and waiting for an answer that was right in front of you the whole time. But fate wasn't that cruel, no it definitely wasn't.

Because every cloud has a silver lining.