Chapter 21

*Adrien's POV*

Adrien walked into his home, holding hands with Louis and Emma. 

Finally, he thought, I hate hospitals. Finally, I get to take a break....

WAIT! I have to go to the school later for the parent teacher night...and I have to confess to Emma and Louis...

UGH!

"So, Dad," Emma said with a smirk, elbowing him in the side. "Louis said that you had something to tell us,"

"Yes, I do," Adrien said. "This is going to be quite depressing and heartbreaking, you know,"

"We know," Louis said. Adrien unlocked the door with his key, stepping inside.

"I'll tell you later," He said, hoping that they would forget all about it. "Nope!" Emma said with a bright smile. "You have to tell us right now!"

"Do I have to?" Adrien said with a groan. "Yes," Emma and Louis said at the same time.

"Fine," He said as he sat down in his chair, "I'll tell you." Louis and Emma both sat down in the seats next to him.

"Marinette and I first met when we were in high school when I finally convinced my father to stop homeschooling me." He began.

"Chloe Bourgeois was my only friend because our fathers knew one another. She was a bully at the time and liked to manipulate people."

"Chloe Bourgeois?" Emma and Louis both said in wonder. Chloe was very nice to them. It was a wonder to see that she was actually mean at some point in time.

"Anyways," Adrien continued, talking about the gum incident and how Marinette thought he had done it. He also talked to them about THE umbrella scene... 

"Fast forwarding," He said. "Marinette and I both went to college together, along with Aunt Alya and Uncle Nino,"

"We were told by Alya and Nino that we were going to get some ice cream, just before the graduation. Nino took me in his car and Alya did the same to Marinette. They both said that they had to use the 'restroom' and drove away."

"Typical Aunt Alya and Uncle Nino," Louis said, while Emma nodded.

"We were waiting for them both to come back. When we realized that they were not going to come back, Marinette panicked. She kept on going on and on about how we were both going to die because we didn't go to graduation and etc."

"Mom worries too much," Emma said.

"We tried to find a taxi but found out that all of them were gone. We figured it was because of Nino and Alya. So we then began to run toward the college, which was five miles away."

"Five miles!" Emma and Louis said at the same time.

"Yes," Adrien said with a nod. "Five miles,"

"Uncle Nino and Aunt Alya were crazy," Louis said. "They still are," Emma pointed out.

"Anyways, it was pretty hard to run in a tux and it definitely was not easy for Marinette to run in a dress," Adrien said.

"I thought you guys wore graduation gowns?" Louis said.

"No, " Adrien said, shaking his head with a smile on his face. "Chloe kindly told the principal that she was not going to wear a graduation gown. And so that year, everyone was not wearing a graduation gown."

"Mayor Bourgeois is pretty convincing," Louis said while Emma nodded.

"We were still running and to the cars passing by, they thought that we eloped because we were holding hands and running."

Emma and Louis both burst out laughing. "By the time we made it, we were covered in sweat from head to toe.  I couldn't believe we could run that fast, especially your mother. Because she was way faster than I thought she would be."

"When we burst open the doors, everyone was looking at us. Alya and Nino smirked. We were still holding hands. We were sweating so much, were so tired, that we couldn't let go."

"Beautiful," Emma said.

"We both got our diplomas and everything," Adrien said quickly, trying to move the story forward. "The very next day, I proposed to Marinette and she accepted."

"How about the part where you said that Grandfather was never there for you?" Louis asked.

"Oh yeah," Adrien said, scratching the back of his head. "He was always busy with work. He didn't even buy birthday presents for me, his assistant did. I got the same pen for years."

"Wow," Emma said.

"One year, though," Adrien said. "I got a blue scarf that was from my father. I was so happy until I saw the label on the inside. It was from Marinette. I told all my friends that the gift was from my father, and Marinette pretended that was true so I could be happy."

"That's pretty nice," Louis said. "As we all know, Mom pours her soul into her clothing." Everyone in the room nodded.

"Fast forwarding yet again," Adrien said. "One day I came home from work and..."

"And?" Emma and Louis both said.

Adrien scratched the back of his head nervously. "Are you sure you want to hear this?"

"We're sure," Emma said while Louis nodded.

"Alright," Adrien said reluctantly. "I saw her... making out with someone else,"

"I am scarred for life," Emma said. "Scarred I tell you,"

"Don't say I didn't warn you," Adrien said. "That was the first time we ever fought. And that's your explanation,"

"We need to hear both sides of the story," Louis said while Emma nodded. 

"Nice to hear you both are going to become detectives," Adrien said sarcastically.

"Besides, tomorrow we're going to be staying at Mom's," Emma said. "Wait," Louis said, "I forgot to give Dad the present from Mom,"

"Marinette gave me a present?" Adrien said with confusion. "Yup," Emma said. Adrien suddenly noticed the present box in her hands. "Here you go," She said, handing the box to him.

"Thanks, Emma," Adrien said, opening the box to find Camembert. Nooooooooooooo! Why me?

"Do you like it?" Emma asked. "Of course I do," Adrien said, lying. "I love it,"

"Louis and I both have a present for you too," Emma said, handing Adrien another box. "Emma decided what to get you and I decided to pick the colors."

Adrien opened the box to find... Three ties? A ladybug themed tie, a Chat Noir themed tie, and a Ladybug/Chat Noir themed tie!!!

"I have no idea why he gave you Ladybug and Chat Noir themed ties," Emma said. "I have no idea either," Adrien said, looking at Louis with a smile.

"I love you both so much,"

A/N:

How do you guys like this chapter? I'm thinking about having Marinette confess later. I'm going to add more Akuma scenes along with Ladybug and Chat Noir. 

The next chapter will be... DRUMROLL PLEASE! Adrien's idea for how Nino will propose to Alya. How will this turn out? Find out next time!

And thanks for sticking with me, Miraculers!

~GreekMythology17