Chapter 14

*Adrien's POV*

(Past)

Adrien looked at Marinette, who was reading a bedtime story to Emma and Louis. His eyes never went off of her. She was a great mother and a great wife.

He never noticed the story she was reading, until right near the end.

"-And Ladybug and Chat Noir have never been seen again. Nobody knows what happened to them, nobody knows where they are right now." 

Well, I do, Adrien thought with a smirk. Nobody knew his identity, except for him. Maybe he should tell Marinette, maybe. I'll tell her later tonight.

His thoughts got interrupted when Emma asked a question. "Mommy, did they marry each other?"

"Who knows?" Marinette said in a mysterious voice. "Who knows what happened to them? Maybe they just stayed as friends, maybe they drifted apart. But we all know that they're still here, that Paris is still in their hearts."

Emma sighed dreamily. "I hope they got married, it would be a happily ever after."

Happily ever after? Adrien thought. You wouldn't even be born if I had married Ladybug.

Louis yawned, looking at the time. 12:00 at midnight. "Mommy," He said, tugging on Marinette. "It's time to go to sleep."

"Alright, Louis," Marinette said, standing up, she kissed both Louis and Emma's foreheads. "Goodnight, kittens," She said.

Kittens, Adrien thought. Ladybug used to call me kitten. He shook his head out of the thought, saying goodnight to Emma and Louis as well.

Marinette closed the door to the room, going into the room Adrien and her shared. "Wait," Adrien said, stopping her.

Marinette yawned, tired. "What is it, Adrien?"

"I-I have to tell you something..." Adrien said. "Maybe later," Marinette said, rubbing one of her eyes. It was obvious she was tired.

"But-" Adrien was cut off by Marinette. "Maybe tomorrow," She said, "I'm too tired to process anything right now."

She did have a point, Adrien thought. "Okay," He said with a smile. "I'll tell you tomorrow,"

And with that, the couple went to their room, going to sleep, with Adrien forgetting what he was going to tell her the next day.