"I know," The raven-haired girl murmured in agreement, resting her had on the older girl's shoulder.

"Have you heard anything from the doctor?" Normani looked towards Camila and Lauren sighed.

"She's still got a fever," She announced, "have you talked to her?"

"Yeah, I asked her to wake up so you'd stop annoying me," Normani answered bluntly, "I'm guessing you haven't.

Lauren shook her head and Normani rolled her eyes, "Lauren, your voice is scientifically proven to calm her down and you're the only one who hasn't spoke to her. What's wrong with you?"

Lauren didn't answer and Normani sighed, realising she should probably take on a nice tone.

"She probably wants to hear your voice Lo. Let her know you're still here," She said softly.

"Okay," Lauren agreed and Normani smiled.

"Besides, if you talk to her it means you don't have to talk to me so that's a bonus," She pointed out.

"You should've started with that."

Silence fell between them after that, the only sound being the steady beeping of Camila's heart rate monitor. It was annoying to Lauren at first but then she realised it meant her girlfriend was alive and okay and she couldn't be more grateful for it.

She couldn't be more grateful for any of the machines because they were doing a better job at keeping her alive than she was.

It was an hour later when Normani decided to go and get them some food from the cafeteria. Dinah had come back from their house and was complaining that she hadn't ate in forever.

Normally one of them would tell her to shut up but they were just glad she was speaking again. Even if they wouldn't admit it, they both missed her annoying comments and were thankful she wasn't silent anymore.

Lauren decided it was a good as time as any to talk to Camila.

That way, she didn't have to feel judged by the others.

It also meant she could cry with being embarrassed.

She scooted her chair to the side of the bed, reaching out and tracing Camila's faintly bruised cheekbone.

"Hey Camz," She whispered, "I don't know if you actually want me to speak but if you don't you can wake up and tell me to shut the fuck up."

She let her hands fall to her lap, letting out a shaky breath.

"I really miss you. It feels like I only just got you back and I've lost you again. I don't want to lose you Camz. God, you're scaring the shit out of me," Lauren squeezed her eyes shut, trying to rid them of tears, "can you even hear me? If you can, I hope you know that I love you so much. And I'm gonna stay with you until you wake up."

She took a deep breath before continuing;

"I know you're gonna be okay. You're Camila, you always end up okay. The doctors said you're fighting real hard so keep doing that. You hear me Camz, keep fighting."