Twenty Five

Camila was in a huddled circle with Dinah, Vero, Keana and two other girls she met called Jade and Perrie.

She had only met them an hour ago but they'd immediately informed each other on every major life event that happened to them.

Probably because of how drunk they were.

Lauren, Lucy and Alexa, who were still quite sober, were all sat with a bunch of other people further down the yard, doing stuff that Camila had classed as boring.

She didn't even care that she was without Lauren at this point, she was happy with her knew friends.

They were all currently dancing like maniacs, screaming out the words to every song that played.

Well, considering they could barely form a sentence, something that resembled the words.

"Let's play a game," Perrie suggested eagerly and everyone was quick to agree.

"Tag," Vero hit Keana, taking off running.

The other girls immediately did the same, all heading in different directions. Everyone else at the party was too drunk to care about the hyper, excited bunch of girls running around.

Well, trying to run.

"Jade's it, Jade's it," Keana yelled, ignoring the older girl's protests about how she cheated.

Camila felt her bare feet hit the grass, reminding her that she'd lost her shoes sometime in the night.

She'd never felt this free in her life.

For the first time since she was about fifteen, she never felt a weight pressed against her chest, crushing her.

She was running barefooted, her disheveled hair flying out behind her and laughing as much as had in years.

And she didn't even recognise she was drunk.

She felt her foot hit something sharp and she crumpled to the floor, crying out in shock.

She frowned as she saw a jagged rock, picking it up and holding it to her face. "You hurt me!"

"Mila, get off the floor, you can't run if you're sat down," Dinah called, jogging over to her.

"Dinah I'm hurt," She cried out, cradling her foot in her hands.

"Oh no, it's bleeding," Dinah gasped, her hands flying to her mouth at the small scratch.

"Is it okay?" Camila asked warily and Dinah shook her head.

"I don't think so," She sighed, sounding regretful.

"It's this's fault," Camila showed her the rock angrily.

"Stupid fucking rock, look what you've done," Dinah cursed.

"Is everything okay?" A masculine voice asked and both Dinah and Camila looked up cautiously.

"No, a rock hurt her," Dinah explained, pointing to Camila's foot.

"What's in you hand?" Camila asked, craning her neck to look at the joint he was holding.

"It's a joint," He told them simply, taking a drag.

"What does it do?" Camila questioned, intrigued by the object.

"It makes you feel better," The boy pondered and to any sober person it was obvious he was as high as a kite but Dinah and Camila never picked up on it.