Twenty Eight

"Happy birthday Mani," Camila exclaimed as soon as she walked into their house.

Her birthday was technically the day before but her and Dinah spent the day at the beach so they were having a small celebration today.

Lauren was struggling with their bags since they were sleeping over but Camila had been too excited to wait around and help so she's ran off, leaving the older girl to handle their bags.

"Thank you babe," Normani smiled, accepting Camila's hug.

"Do you feel old?" The Latina asked, pulling away.

"I feel like I need to get drunk legally," The African-American said and Camila laughed.

"Where's DJ?" She questioned, picking up on the unusual quietness.

"Here, I'm setting up the basement for when everyone comes later," A voice hollered and Camila's eyes widened at the loudness.

"Happy birthday Manibear," Lauren exclaimed, dumping the bags on the floor and rushing to embrace her friend.

"Thank you," Normani smiled, swaying in Lauren's embrace.

"You're so old," The Cuban-American complained, squeezing her cheeks, "my child is too grown up," She added in a baby voice.

"We got you presents, will you open them," Camila bounced up and down excitedly.

She'd been nervous about the present situation because she couldn't actually buy Normani a gift considering she had no money but Lauren had assured her it was a joint present.

"Hi!" Dinah made her appearance, skipping in a more hyper way than her usual self.

"We're opening presents," Normani told her happily, accepting the box that Camila was offering our and leading them into the living room.

They all sat on the floor, earnestly watching her reaction. She opened the envelope, opening the card and gasping in surprise when two Beyoncé tickets fell out.

"They're for you and Dinah," Lauren explained and Dinah's face lit up.

"Open your other thing," Camila prodded, jumping on her knees earnestly.

She unwrapped the paper, beaming as she revealed the tan designer purse.

"Camila wants me to say that it's from both of us," Lauren suddenly announced and Camila shoved her.

"No I didn't," She protested, shaking her head frantically.

"You two are the best," Normani wrapped one arm around each of them, pulling them into a hug.

"Group hug," Dinah yelled, worming her way in between Camila and Normani.

"I can't believe you're twenty one, we've been waiting for this day since we met," Lauren laughed and Normani nodded in agreement.

"And I'm gonna party all the time," She sang as they pulled out of the hug, sitting back in the circle they'd previously formed.

"Hey, wait for me," Dinah pouted, crossing her arms.

"DJ you've been able to get into clubs for years, it's Camz who's the problem," Lauren pointed out.

Whilst Dinah was the youngest she looked incredibly old for her age. Camila, on the other hand, looked about sixteen years old, much to her dismay.

"It's okay, I can't leave the house anyway," Camila shrugged with a laugh, "when is your party?"

"The girls are all coming over later but the actual party is in four days," Normani held up four fingers and Camila nodded. "And you two aren't allowed to drink!"