Chapter 12

Emma's POV

I looked up at Liam, feeling my heart start pounding. He was my mate, I knew that, but being trapped here- It wouldn't be so bad if he was here.

He reached up and brushed a strand of hair away from my face. He glanced at my lips and back up to my eyes. He slowly leaned in and pressed his lips against mine for a hot second before I pulled away, my eyes wide. I pushed myself off of him as he stood, stuttering an apology. I stumbled for a moment before choking out a, "I- I have to go."

I ran. I ran like an absolute fool. I RAN BECAUSE I WAS SCARED! I was so scared. I shifted, paws pounding against the ground. I ran, not looking for where I was going, not checking my surroundings for anything that might give away my safety. 

I saw something shift in the brush as I ran. I slowed to a stop, looking around. I stiffened as a wolf stepped through the brush. He stared at me and took a step, 'Hello, fox.'

Liam's POV 

I had stood when Emma disappeared and immediately went to go after her but froze, realizing that she was probably long gone. It didn't take long for a pain to lace up my side and splitting into my head. I stumbled and caught myself. Emma.

Emma's POV

I yelped as the wolf bit into my side, throwing me into the ground. My head slammed into the dirt as I struggled to stand. A paw slammed onto my back, 'Someone's paying a lot of money to see you again.'

'LET ME GO! PLEASE!'

The pain was growing and I thrashed around. His teeth locked around my neck, immobilizing me, 'Don't move.'

I could feel blood start to drip down my neck and my vision started fading. 

Suddenly the pressure was ripped off of me. The pain was enough to force me to shift back to human form. The wolf rolled across the clearing as another wolf stepped over me and let out a threatening growl. I lifted my head to stare at the wolf, who, I now realized, was Liam. The other wolf stood, 'What are you doing?'

'You're trespassing. Get out of here. NOW!'

'Someone really wants that girl, move aside.'

'I will not move aside. Leave.'

'No. If you want me to move, you're going to have to make me.'

'Fine.'  Liam leapt forward, clashing into the other wolf. The wolf jumped around Liam and tried to launch itself at me as I tried to stand. Liam had a size advantage against the other wolf as he jumped on the wolf, dragging him backwards, throwing him into a tree. The wolf scrambled to its feet and ran. 

I fell as I tried to stand. Liam ran over to me, shifting as he came, "Emma!"

I fell against him as the pain became too great, darkness flooding over my vision.

------------------------------------------------------------------------///////---------------------------------------------

I'm bored so here's another chapter! Love ya, my Kawaii Potatoes.

Vote

Comment

Follow!

P.D.