Chapter 17

Emma's POV

I twisted as I woke up. Leaves scattered as I rolled and stood. I shook the brown foliage from my fur. I peaked out of the shelter, checking my surroundings. I tried to take a step and felt my legs shake. Rain still dripped through the trees, cold shaking me to my very bones. It was dark, night had obviously fallen and the temperature was dropping even farther. My fur was damp so it was even worse. I climbed back into the shelter and buried myself back in the leaves. I curled into a tight ball and allowed myself to drift aimlessly.

Liam's POV

'We have to find her. It's going to get below freezing tonight and it's raining. If she couldn't find shelter-'

'Liam, she'll be fine. If she's anything, she's resourceful.'

I glanced over at Niall as we ran forward. We had been searching for most of the day with no luck. The rain had washed away most of the trail, leaving behind only trace amounts of her scent. I could barely pick out the scent of fresh oranges and lemons. I pushed forward, trying to follow the scent. 'I'm getting worried...'

'I swear to you, Liam. We're not giving up until we find her.'

Somehow hearing Harry say that helped ease some of my fears. However, the haunting image of the possibility of finding her dead and cold still loomed on the horizons of my mind. I tried to shake it off and block it from the minds of my pack. Harry slowed as we approached the scent markers, 'Can you still smell her?'

I nodded, 'How far do you think she got?'

'I'm not sure. You know her better than I do.'

I sighed and shrugged helplessly, 'We have to keep searching. Before a different pack finds her.'

'Different pack?'

'Someone's been searching for her. That's how she got hurt. Another wolf came and tried to drag her away.'

It fell silent for a bit before Harry quickened the pace, 'Let's move.'

------------------------------------//////------------------------------

Hi! Sorry for the wait. College and high school started. I've been stressed but I'm back. I'm way too stubborn to give up on this now.

Comment (please it's always nice to hear from you guys.)

Vote

Heart

See ya later, my kawaii potatoes.

P.D.