Chapter 18

I can't believe y'all are still alive. I'm so sorry. I've been writing personally on my own time but I started drifting away from publishing my own work. I've almost finished writing the first draft of the book that I want to be published under my own name. Until Then, GUESS YOU GUYS ARE STUCK WITH ME. 

The reason for my disappearance is not a real excuse, I got caught up in my senior year and I started getting hit with hard anxiety but I'm still writing. So here I am. 

I also have a little announcement. Any TaeKook Shippers in my Reader list. Watch out. ;)

Thank you for the continued support.

-------------------------------------------------////////////--------------------------------------------

Emma's POV

The cold was seeping in. I could feel my bones and joints stiffening as my core body temperature started to drop. I shuddered, curling tighter around myself. The dark of the night wasn't making this easier. The clouds didn't allow moonlight to hit the forest floor, meaning that if I shifted back to human, I wouldn't be able to see. I nestled my head as close to my body as possible. I didn't dare lift my head at any noise. I was cold and tired and weak. I wouldn't be able to fight back anyway. 

The forest twisted around me as I watched. The clouds moving to sit near the ground. A thick fog was clouding the thicket around me. I knew that the rain had almost completely washed away my scent trail, I should've been able to better hide my path, if it hadn't rained, Liam would be right here... I closed my eyes as the cold seeped into my bones. I was in uncharted territory. If Niall had kept his promise, I could stay here. The cold was starting to feel like an embrace. I knew that wasn't a good thing but I couldn't help but sink into it. 

I was almost asleep as something warm drifted over me, settling beside me. Concerned voices clouding the air around me. I could barely open my eyes, couldn't lift my head. I let out a breath and cuddled back into the warmth, letting my eyes drift close.

Liam's POV

The scent trail led the pack to a broken down hunting shelter. Emma?! 

I pushed my head into the shelter, immediately knowing that something was wrong. Emma didn't move as I entered the shelter. She was still breathing. I looked over my shoulder, 'She's in here!'

Niall tilted his head, 'Is she okay?'

'She's cold.'

'Lay down next to her. Now. I'll run back home and grab some blankets. Louis, with me.'

I settled down next to Emma, wrapping my body around her as closely as possible. I put my head on top of her body. The moisture in the air caused her fur to cling to mine. She was breathing... albeit weakly but she was still breathing. Emma shifted in her half-conscious state, blinking up at me for a moment before she relaxed into my embrace. I glanced up at Harry as he looked over at us. I shifted closer to Emma. I wasn't letting her go this time.  Not in a million years.

-------------------------------------------------////////////--------------------------------------------

Your patience is appreciated and you all are loved.

I'm here to finish this now. So BUCKLE UP, POTATOES!

Love you all.

Sincerely, 

P.D.

💜

Leave a comment!