95. Milena

January 30th

"The wedding is in two days. Are you ready?" Prue asks me, watching the seamstress bring in a white dress. She also brought a stepping stool and a floor-length mirror, placing it across the room from Harry's bed.

I shrug. "Would anyone be ready for what's about to happen?"

"Suppose not," she says with a sigh, rubbing her stomach. "Mind if I sit on the bed for a bit? My feet are killing me."

"Of course not, go ahead and get comfortable," I smile at her, and she smiles back, thanking me. Edith, who accompanied her, helps her onto the bed. With a grunt, she sits down and tries to move herself back a bit so she can see them fit the dress on me. They took my measurements two days ago and got to work, I was surprised to see that they completed it so quickly.

She helps me undress, which I was hesitant about. Fitting the corset around my torso, I pray that she doesn't tighten it too much. My prayers were ignored when she tugs on the strings, and I gasp in pain.

"Ow!" I yelp, turning to her with difficulty breathing. "Please loosen this a bit. I can't breathe."

"It's customary to wear a corset under the dress, Milena," Edith explains.

"And if I'm pregnant?" I point out.

She thinks for a moment, before saying, "Well, I suppose you're skinny enough to go without a corset."

I sigh in relief when the seamstress loosens the strings and remove the corset, placing my hand over my stomach. Those few seconds were pure torture.

"Thank you," I breathe. The seamstress brings me the dress, and I realize something. I don't know who this girl is. "Seamstress? What's your name?"

She seems taken aback, like no one has ever paid attention to her. "C – Colette, miss."

"That's a lovely name, Colette," I smile, and I receive one in return. Then, I turn my attention to the dress.

The dress itself is incredibly beautiful, but looks to be heavy. The top layer is lace, covering the entire dress and reaching up to my neckline and down my arms, most likely to keep me warm. The layer beneath seems to be a strapless, plain, white dress, and the outer belt is made up of diamonds.

"This dress could feed a family for a week," I mutter, and I can hear Edith sigh.

"Milena, stop that," she scolds. "You should be grateful."

"Grateful?" I raise a brow, not looking at her. My eyes can't leave my own reflection in the mirror. Every day since the announcement, I have been sleeping in Harry's room. I cannot eat at the dining table yet, but I'm still fed well. My cheeks aren't sunken anymore, and there's a sort of glow to my face that I've never had before. The dark circles under my eyes have finally disappeared. My hair is clean and the tangles were painfully brushed out the other day. I don't look like myself at all anymore, and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Without saying another word, I step into the dress with the help of Edith and the seamstress, and find out that it fits perfectly.

"Oh, you look so beautiful!" Prue gushes, making me chuckle. Never in my life have I thought I would end up wearing an expensive dress to my wedding with a prince. But, I haven't ever considered Harry to be royalty. He's never been Prince Harry of Leria in my eyes. He's always been Harry, the nice, caring, generous, selfless boy who loves me.

"Thank you," I smile, facing her instead of the mirror. "It's not too flashy?"

She shakes her head. "It suits you perfectly."