6. Harry

This chapter is in Harry's point of view even though the pic is of Liam I just really like this pic XD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 5th, 1555

     I hate my history lessons. Ever since I turned thirteen, Father has been making me learn the history of our kingdom, and it's terribly boring. Louis and I have to learn history while all Catherine has to learn is how to be a proper princess. She never had to take any of the lessons we did, all she learned was how to read and write. Liam doesn't even have to take any lessons at all anymore. He just turned twenty-one, so he can do whatever he wants. Except when Father has his Royal Court meetings, he makes Liam attend those. He said Liam is going to be the next king, so he must learn how to rule like one.

     "Prince Harry?" Our teacher's voice brings me out of my thoughts. "Can you please tell me what year the King came to power?"

     "Um..." I try to think while Louis's gaze is burning a hole through my head. "1540, he became the King of Birilia when Uncle Byron died. Then, he took control of the other four kingdoms, and now he owns everything."

     The teacher nods. "Well done. Today, we're going to learn about the history of Leria from the years 1100 to 1300."

     Louis lets out a dramatic sigh. "Ugh, this is so fucking boring!"

     "Mother says you shouldn't say words like that," I tell him. I look at our teacher, who is busy searching for a book on the shelves.

     "I'm almost sixteen, Mother can't tell me what to do anymore," he says.

     I shake my head, "It's not a nice word, and I don't like hearing it."

     "Oh, you don't fucking like hearing that fucking word?" Louis teases me, and I huff, crossing my arms.

     "Stop it."

     "Why the fuck should I fucking stop? It's so much fucking fun, you should fucking try it," he doesn't stop saying that horrid word because he knows how much I hate it. I stand up from my seat.

     "Teacher, may I please be excused from today's lesson?" I ask. He turns to me and shakes his head.

     "Sorry, young prince," he says. "His Majesty the King has instructed me to teach you both for two hours each day, I must obey your father's rules."

     "Yeah, sit the fuck down," Louis continues to tease me.

     "Please watch your language, Prince Louis," the teacher tells him. "Okay, I found the book that we need today," he places the large, heavy book on the table that Louis and I are sitting on. "Let's start with the year 1100."

     "Why doesn't Liam have to learn about this?" I ask.

     "Prince Liam has already completed his lessons," he informs me. "Now, he must focus on learning how to rule the kingdoms so he can take over the King's place when the time comes."

     "Yeah, that's why he's not married yet," Louis adds.

     "Really?" I wonder. "Liam isn't married because he's focusing on learning how to be a king? Didn't Father marry Mother before he became the King?"

     "Father wasn't originally supposed to be the King, though, remember?" Louis points out. "Uncle Byron was the King, Father didn't think Uncle was going to die for a long time, so he didn't have to spend so much time learning how to rule."

     "But, wouldn't it have made sense for Uncle's Byron's son to be the King after his father died?" I ask.

     Louis shakes his head. "No, you idiot. He was only three years old."