21. Prue

Tonight is going to be different than what he and I normally meet up for. He doesn't know what I'm going to tell him, but he's not going to like it at all. It must be done, though. He is going to hate me, but I have no other choice than to tell him.

     The palace isn't heavily guarded at night, so it's easy for me to make it to our secret room. It's secluded and on the other side of the palace, meaning it takes me nearly twenty minutes to get there. As I get closer to our secret room, my nerves are quickly taking over me. I can't stop my hands from shaking. The last thing I want to do is see the look on his face when I tell him, just thinking about it makes me want to throw up.

     The hallway to the room is dark and looks as though it hasn't been cleaned in years. The curtains covering the windows are ripped up, and there's dust and broken glass on the floor. We picked this room because we knew that nobody would ever find us here, it was perfect for when we wanted to be together.

     I take a deep breath and open the door to our room, sighing in relief when I see that he isn't here yet. Taking a seat on the bed, I think about what's going to happen when he does get here.

     Suddenly, I have the urge to empty my stomach. I stand up from the bed and begin nervously pacing back and forth. He isn't here yet. It is half past eight, and he isn't here yet. Maybe he isn't coming today. I wouldn't blame him, he has much more important things to do than waste his time with me. This is probably for the best, though. If he doesn't come tonight, then I don't have to tell him.

     Just as I wipe my sweaty forehead with my sleeve, the door quickly opens. In walks my Liam, looking as handsome as ever. Just looking into his dark brown eyes gives me peace.

     "Prue!" He exclaims in a whisper, running up to me and grabbing my face, putting his lips on mine. "Sorry I was late," he says between kisses, "Tadia would not stop complaining about a stomach ache."

     "Please don't say her name in front of me," I breathe, closing my eyes.

     He nervously chuckles. "Sorry," he pulls away from me. "I didn't mean to."

     "It's alright," I whisper with a smile. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me into a tight hug.

     "I missed you," he mumbles into my neck.

     "You see me every day," I point out.

     He lightly shakes his head. "You know what I meant, Blondie."

     I blush when he uses the nickname he made for me when we first met, nearly six years ago.

     "Yes, I know," I nod. He pulls his head away from my neck, only to bring it close to my face, so close that our noses touch. I wrap my arms around his neck.

     "I love you," he whispers with a slight grin. "You know that?"

     I nod again and smile. I gently rub his cheek with my thumb, feeling the soft bristles of hair on his jawline. "I know. I love you, too."

     Suddenly, I am reminded of what I was supposed to tell him, and my heart drops. I unwrap my arms from his neck and take a few steps back, my smile disappearing.

     "Prue? What's wrong?" He asks, worried. His smile fades and he walks towards me, but I back away even more.

     "I'm sorry," my voice quivers as I think about what I'm going to say next. "I'm so sorry."

     "Prue...you're scaring me," he says.

     I hold my arms and look at the ground. "I can't do this anymore."