83. Liam

I want to kill Father.

These thoughts frighten me, I've never had such dark thoughts in my life. Of course, I'd never actually kill him, I'm just infuriated by his actions. How dare he suggest that we send young boys to war? Boys that are no younger than thirteen now have to sacrifice their lives just because Father said so.

I have to do something to stop him, but what? I can't just kill him, he's my father. I know there's nearly nothing I can say to get him to change his mind, I can't always use the usual 'I'll refuse the throne' threat. I just wish there was a way for me to take control of the kingdoms, without having to get rid of Father.

Pacing back and forth in the hallway outside of my room, I wait for Louis and Harry to finish talking. After a few moments, the door opens and Louis walks out with a smug grin.

"My work is done," he says to himself. Then, he turns to me. "You can have your room back now. I have to go find Aiden."

And with that, he walks off. I sigh, not even wanting to know what his words mean, and I step back into my room. Harry is sitting at the edge of my bed, pale as ever. He doesn't even acknowledge my presence, he merely stares at the ground with emptiness in his eyes, looking like he might be sick.

"Harry?" I call out, but he doesn't respond. "Are you okay?"

I slowly walk over to him and sit next to him, but he doesn't move. I gently place a hand on his shoulder and shake it, and he takes in a sharp breath.

"He..." Harry starts, his voice wobbly.

"What did Louis tell you?" I ask him. "Don't let his words get to you, he just loves attention. I'm sure he won't tell your secret, but-"

"He killed them," his voice is barely audible, a pained expression on his face. He closes his eyes as he repeats his words. "He killed them."

"What?" I ask with wide eyes. "Louis? He killed someone?"

Harry faintly shakes his head. "Not Louis...Father..."

I sigh, hanging my head. "Harry, I don't know what you're talking about, but Father's killed many people. You should be used to it by now."

"No..." he gulps, opening his eyes. "This is...this is different. I saw it happen."

I begin to feel bad for Harry. I've always felt the need to protect him, especially since what happened when we were children. Well, he was a child. I had already entered my teen years by then, so I was used to seeing people be executed by Father's hands, but Harry was only seven years old. I made a promise to him that I'll never let that happen to him again, and I've kept my promise.

"I can't help you if you don't tell me what happened, Harry," I try to convince him to speak more.

"I...I just can't believe it," his voice breaks, and he rests his face in his hands, making his words muffle. "All those years ago, he killed her parents."

"Whose parents?" I ask, a bit more urgently.

Harry lets out a loud sob. "Milena's."

I take a few moments to process what he just told me. Father killed Milena's parents? Why would he do such a thing?

"Are you sure?" I furrow my brows, and Harry nods.

"The first people Father killed in front of me," he says lifelessly.

I quietly gasp when I recall that memory. That was it, the moment I promised I wouldn't let him have to see another murder. I didn't know that couple was Milena's parents. Although, now that I think about it, I vaguely remember two boys in the house on that day. Those must have been her brothers.