35. Harry

I can't believe how Louis reacted when he saw Belladonna. I mean, she is rather pretty, but she's nothing compared to Lena. But it isn't like Louis to act like that, he just sort of...froze. It took a few seconds before he came to his senses and introduced himself to her. Then, he was back to his old ways of being an ass. She curtsied in front of him, but he just looked away. The poor woman has to marry him, I feel bad for her.

     It's nearly time for us to be introduced, and I can't seem to spot Lena in the crowd. A part of me wonders if she won't care that I'm a Prince, if she'll love me anyways. Then again, she will most definitely be angry with me for lying to her. I'm just praying that she'll forgive me. After all, what I did wasn't completely wrong, and it wasn't even that big of a deal.

     Suddenly, I am startled by the sound of trumpets. I sigh, knowing it's time for us to be introduced. Father clears his throat and tells us all to stand tall. He and Mother are, of course, standing in the middle, with Mother being to Father's left. Liam stands next to Mother, and Catherine stands next to Liam. Belladonna seems to have stepped back for the time being.

     Louis hastily makes his way to Father's side, so I'm stuck standing by Louis. I try to subtly hide behind Louis in the hopes that I can hide my face, in case Lena is watching.

     "What the hell are you doing?" Louis whisper-yells. "Get out from behind me."

     I sigh and step out next to him, keeping my head down as one of the men who played the trumpet begins to announce us. All eyes are on us.

     "Please bow in the presence of His Majesty, King Louis III of Leria, Her Majesty, Queen Genevieve of Leria, His Highness, Prince Liam..." the man continues to name all of us, my name being last, oddly enough. Once he's finished, he says, "Today is a celebratory day, we are all gathered here to honor the engagement of Prince Louis IV of Leria and Lady Belladonna of Birilia. Please stay bowed for His Majesty, the King, who will be saying a few short words."

     Father steps forward and clears his throat. "I want to thank you all for being here on this day. This really is an occasion that calls for celebration. Please, feel free to enjoy all that we have to offer, and join me in wishing my son and his future bride the best of luck in the forthcoming years. Let us all raise our glasses to Louis and Belladonna."

     He grabs a wine glass off of the tray being held by a servant. As does Mother, Liam, and Louis.

     "Harry," Louis whispers. "Take a glass."

     "Oh," I say, forgetting that I should be raising a glass to him, as well. Everyone but Catherine now has a glass of red wine in their hands. Father raises his and looks at Louis.

     "To Louis and Belladonna," he says with a grin on his face, taking a sip. Everyone in the crowd does the same. I cringe as I look at the wine inside my glass. God knows how much I hate wine. But, I take a sip anyways, not wanting to disrespect the traditions. I swallow the wine, and start coughing at the bitter taste.

     "Please make way for Prince Louis and Lady Belladonna, who will now commence their first dance," the man announces. Louis offers Belladonna his arm, and she takes it with a smile. Everyone on the floor moves aside, forming an empty circle around the room as Louis makes his way to the middle of the floor with Belladonna, and the music begins to play.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

     "Harry," Father gets my attention. I've spent that last hour or so talking to Liam, who is rocking Jennie back and forth along with the music. "I would like you to follow me."