93. Harry/Niall

Harry

     This whole day has been one surprise after another. First, Louis was told he's illegitimate. Then, Liam was framed for killing Father and was thrown in the dungeons. After that, I learned I have to take Father's place as King of Leria. Now, I'm getting married to Milena, who will be my future Queen.

     When I first was told my responsibilities, I was terrified. I knew I couldn't do this on my own. Mother said she and the Royal Court will help me, but it wasn't very reassuring. What was reassuring, however, was Milena.

     I was so afraid that she wouldn't want to be with me anymore, since being with me would mean having to rule all of the five kingdoms. For a moment, I felt my hope begin to chip away.

     I was welcomed by a ray of sunshine when she agreed to marry me.

     She knows it's a huge decision, and it's definitely unfair of me to put her in that position, but I just can't do this without her. I would have respected any choice she made, but I must admit that now I feel like the weight of the kingdoms has been lifted from my shoulders.

     Milena is absolutely incredible. My sweet angel will now always be with me, by my side. At first, I was scared, and worried that I won't be a good king. Now, I know I can do this because I have my beloved wife at my side.

     Well, future wife. But, in six days, she will be my wife and our bright future can finally begin.

     Shortly after she agreed to marry me, she said she had to go and visit Ben. I offered to come with her, and she excitedly said yes. Before we could leave, she insisted on tidying the room up a bit, since apparently, "it's a horrid mess".

     While I was helping her make the bed and straighten the books on the shelves, something on the nightstand catches me eye.

     It's that necklace she took off the other night. I look back at her, but she doesn't seem to notice me.

     Turning my attention to the necklace, I see a lovely ring attached to a chain. That reminds me, I must visit the jeweler to ask him to make our wedding rings. I don't know Milena's ring size, so I briefly consider taking this ring with me so he knows the correct size. I'm sure she won't mind if I borrow it for a bit.

     I grab the necklace and stuff it in my pocket. I'll visit him later on, after we see Ben.

     "Ready?" Milena's sweet voice asks with a smile.

     I turn to her and grin. "Yeah, let's go."

     We walk, hand in hand, down the halls on our way to the hospital wing. Every now and then, someone will pass by and give us curious looks, but we don't separate our hands. There's nothing to hide anymore. Freedom is an amazing thing.

     "Are we going to tell Ben the good news?" I ask her, gently swinging our arms back and forth.

     She nods, turning her head. "Yes, and I'm sure he'll be so happy for us. Not to mention the fact that he's going to love living here. I just hope he isn't worried about us, though."

     "Worried?" I repeat, frowning. "Why would he be worried?"

     "Well," she clears her throat. "We were supposed to run away last night, remember? I told him I would come to get him at eleven, but I didn't show up due to the circumstances."

     "Oh," I respond, remembering yesterday. Thinking back, it would have been a terrible idea to leave. I mean, who knows what would have happened to us?

     Once we reach the hospital wing, I immediately look around for Ben. He's sitting upright on his bed, a parchment and lead stylus in his hands and a concentrated look on his face.