Chapter 19

"What the-" I heard somebody say as a loud crash follows. I jump up and sit on the couch and see a tall figure standing over me.

    "What the hell are you doing here?" the person asks and after I rub the sleep from my eyes I see that it's Ashton with the help of the faint glow from the tv.

    "What are you doing here?" he asks again in a deep voice. "Um, your mother said I should stay with Lilly till she gets back" I say as I yawn and stand up. He still looms over me but I wasn't intimidated by his height.

     "Couldn't she hire a sitter or something " he says as he flops his arms in what u guess to be frustration. "That's technically what she did" I said to him and he glared at me before he went into the kitchen.

    I sighed and turned off the tv as I started to go upstairs. He stormed up the stairs and hit my shoulder as he passed me by. His room was apparently across from mine and he entered and slammed the door.

   I went and checked on Lilly before I went to my room and went to bed.

°•°•°•°•°

    The following morning I was awaken by Lilly. "Miranda! You're here. Oh my gosh this is gonna be so much fun" she squealed as she jumped up and down beside my bed.

    "Good morning Lilly. We can have fun later but now it's time to get ready for school. By the way how are you up so early?" I question. It's unlike a 6 year old to be up this early on their own.

     "I always wake up early. Sometimes Ashton let's me sit on him while he does his morning work outs. It's so fun" she giggles. "Let's go" she shouts, pulling me from the bed.

    I follow behind her and see that she is already clothed but her hair is a mess filled with bows here and there. "What happened to your hair?" I asked, failing to keep in my laugh.

    "Ashton did it, isn't it cute" she said while running her hand over her hair. I smiled at his effort. He really love his sister. He was a sweet guy under all that.

    "Come here let me help you" I said as I ran back to my room for a hairbrush and followed her to the kitchen. "What do you want for breakfast?" I asked her. "Toast and eggs" she said.

    I made her breakfast and warmed a glass of milk for her. While she ate I brushed her hair and put it into a ponytail with two bows in front.

     After she finished eating her ride to school came and so she left.

   After I ate, because I made enough for both of us, I went upstairs to start getting ready. After showering and getting dressed I go downstairs to put on my shoes and see Ashton walk pass without a word. He exited the house and slammed the door behind him.

    Whatever. I don't care what he wants to do. I'm doing this for Lilly and Samantha. He can go jump off for all I care.

     There was a honk outside and I quickly got the keys and locked up before going out to Sarah in her truck.

°•°•°•°•°•

    "So, how was last night?" Sarah asked me as we walked up to the steps of the school. "Well it was normal until Ashton came home and created a fit" I told her while fixing the hem of my blouse.

    I had on white shorts with a dark blue tank top and my black converse. "So can you come over later?" I asked as we reached our lockers. "Sorry Miranda I wish I could but my aunts and cousins aren't leaving till tomorrow" she said. "At least you'll have me for your birthday" she said cheerfully.

     Today is Wednesday and my birthday is this Friday. Nothing special, in gonna be baby sitting anyway because Samantha won't be back till Saturday.

    "Hey there bitch" I heard somebody say and turned to see Julie and her little cronies behind her. I groaned and turned towards her with a glare. "You ran away the other. Couldn't stand the heat could you" she said and her friends laughed liked the idiots they were.

     "What's wrong with you Julie?" I asked, not wanting to get into a squabble with her at the moment. "What's wrong with me? Nothing at all darling. Just stay out of my way" she said and flashed her hair as she swayed her little ass and walked away. Oh how I hate her.

     "Don't let her get to you. Just say when and I'll give her what she deserves" said Sarah as she glared down the hall. I smiled at my friend and shook my head. "It's ok Sar, just leave her be" I told her.

     "Miranda!" I heard a shreak. I looked to see Ashley and Alexandria walking towards me in matching track suits. Ha! As if Lexi would ever touch a track.

    "Yes" I said as I groaned again. What was wrong with today? Could it get any worse? "Mother says that you should make your self unseen on Sunday because she is keeping a party and she doesn't want you to embarrass her in front of her guests" says Lexi as she smiles at me with a sinister grin.

     "No problem" I said as I slammed my locker and walked away and just to my luck guess who I bumped into. Just a hint, it wasn't Santa Claus.

    "Watch where you're going will ya" he said as he passed with Drake and surprisingly Bradley. Remember Bradley, the guy that always wears a hoodie. Well he wasn't wearing one now and he seemed to have joined forces with Drake and Ash.

    "Hey Miranda" he says with a smile. "Hey Brad, what's up" I ask. "Not a lot, I guess I'll see you around" he says as he walks away, catching up with the other two.

     I turn around to see that the halls were getting empty and Sarah was no longer where I left her. Well I guess I'll see her later.

***************

Thanks for reading this far. Please continue to Vote, Comment and Follow my account.

~A 😝✌