Chapter 38

Monday morning came too quickly. I woke up feeling buzzed. Could my life get any better? Wow. I lay in bed for about 5 minutes, just reminiscing on the past events of the weekend.

    From my being Ashton's girlfriend to my showdown with Rochelle and today was a big soccer match between our school and another school across town. So I was totally feeling pumped.

     Finally after I got out of bed I took a shower and washed my hair. I dried it with a towel and went to get dressed. When I entered my room I saw Lilly, sitting across legged on my bed. "Hey Lilly Pad, long time no see" I say, going to get my gym bag from the closet.

   I immediately stuff a pair of socks, some underwear and my sports gear into it. I throw it onto my bed and start getting dressed. "What's that for?" she asked me. "Oh, that's my soccer gear. I have a game today" I told her as I pull up my shorts.

    "Really, you play soccer. That's so cool" she practically bounces on the bed. "Really you think that's cool. Guess what?" I ask. "What?" she asks, squinting her eyes and leaning closer to me. "I'm the captain" I whisper.

    "Oh my gosh. Can I come to your show, please please please?" she asks. "Sure thing" I say with a giggle at her enthusiasm. "I'm gonna go tell Ashton" she says as she springs to her feet and run out the room.

   I finish getting dressed and grab my bag before heading down the stairs. Lilly is sitting around the counter swinging her legs and eating a bowl of cereal happily. Ashton is stood by the fridge, sipping a cup of what appears to be coffee.

    "Goodmorning sunshine" he said, smiling behind his cup. "Goodmorning " I say walking by him to the fridge but he holds me by the waist and spins me around kissing me. "Oh My Gosh!! You kissed her" she said before dramatically gasping. "Are you dating?" she asks.

   I look up at Ashton and blush before he affirms her accusation. "Can this day get any better?" she shrieks. I laugh at this and pour myself a cup of coffee while putting two slices of bread into the toaster.

   "So Mira, Ashton says he'll take me to your game later" she said victoriously. "That's wonderful Lil" as I say this a horn is beeped outside. "Come on Lilly Pad, let's get you going" says Ashton as he takes her bag off the ground and hands it to her.

   She runs up to me and hugs me before running to the door. "Hey, no hug for me?" whines Ashton. Lilly giggles and hurriedly comes back and hugs Ashton muttering a bye.

    "So, I'm gonna be the loudest one cheering you on" he says. "Oh come on, don't embarrass me" I say, as the breads pop out. I slather some jelly on each slice and eat while drinking my coffee.

    "That's not embarrassing, embarrassing would be if I joined the cheerleading line up and shouted to everybody that that's my girlfriend" he said with a serious face, which resulted in me laughing and spitting coffee and bits of bread all over his shirt.

   "Oh come on Mira, seriously" he said before he pulled his shirt over his head and ran up the stairs. I ate in the silence he left me in and a few minutes afterwards he came back down fully clothed as I was finishing up washing the dishes.

   "Ready to go?" he asked. "Yup" I said, grabbing the bag as he grabbed his keys.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

    "Hey, Mira!" Sarah shouted as I exited Ashton's car. She dyed her hair brown. She was a natural brunette and she looked beautiful. "Hey Sarah, love the hair" I told her as she ran up to me and I hugged her. "See you later babe" said Ashton, he kissed my cheek then left us.

    "Babe?" she asked. I fixed my gym bag on my shoulder and started to walk. "Yeah" I confirmed with a giggle. "Oh my gosh" she said making me blush. "Ok ok, calm down" I said, putting a loose tendril of hair behind my ear.

    "Awww, my baby's all grown up" she said, hugging me again. "Coach Hart wants us to meet up at the field, we'll be practicing most of the morning" she says, skipping sideways. "Oh, that's cool" I said. We walked to the locker room and I changed into my training clothes before we headed out to the field.

    After a long morning of training it was now 2:30 and I was so tired. I lay on the grass panting heavily with sweat running down my forehead. Sarah was in the same state I was, laying by my side.

   "Ok girls, game starts at 6, rest up and be here by 5:30" coach said, checking her watch. "Burke, come here a second" she called, looking in my direction. I heaved a sigh and got to my feet, walking over to her.

   "You were great today, keep that same energy later today and I'm sure we'll win this thing" she said, patting my back. "Thanks Coach" I said, smiling.

     Sarah and I spent the remaining time laying down on the bleachers after getting something to eat from the cafeteria. I cant wait to play later on today.

**************

Short chapter, sorry for that.
Comment Vote and Share.
Thanks for all the support so far.

~A🌸