Chapter 13

Run. That's all I could do, run. I ran until I was in an unknown neighborhood. The walls were filled with graffiti and the buildings were in a worn down state.

People sat on the corners and watched me as I walked by, as if I was a predator of some sort. I was in the downtown area.

I walked until I was in a park of some sort and sat on a bench overlooking a pond. I rubbed my cheek and let more tears fall as I thought back to what happened not long ago.

"Hey you" said a man that was walking up to me. I ignored him and let my hair fall in front my face. "Hey little missy" he said as he sat beside me. He reeked of alcohol and cigarette smoke. I scooted over. "Why are you crying" he said as he attempted to wipe my face but I moved away from him.

I got up to walk away but he grabbed my hand from behind with a hard grip. "Ow, you're hurting me" I said while crying. "If you had just been nice, I wouldn't have had to do this" he said while his grip tightened.

He pushed me up against a lamp post and tried to kiss me. I pushed him but it was futile seeing that he was a bulky man. I screamed and cried but nobody was around to hear me or nobody cared, whichever one.

"Stop fighting me" he shouted in my face and I caught a whiff of his horrid breath. He pushed me to the floor and I hit my head on a boulder. My vision blurred as it flashed before all I saw was darkness.

•••••••••••••••••

Ashton's P.O.V

After Julie slapped Miranda the whole cafeteria was laughing. She ran out and I found myself running after her for some strange reason.

"Miranda!" I shouted but she ignored and continued running.

I ran behind her but she was really a fast runner. I hopped on my motorcycle but by the time I rode off she was out of my sight. I rode in the general direction that I saw her go.

After riding for a while I ended up in the downtown area which was not a good place for a girl like her to be in all by her self. I saw a homeless man sitting around a small fire and went over to him. "Hey, have you seen a girl walk by here not long ago?" I asked.

"Why do you wanna know?" He asked in a cracked tone. "Just please tell me if you saw her. I'm begging you" I practically begged the man. "It'll cost ya" he said as he smiled showing his stained teeth. I grabbed my wallet and handed him a $5 note. "I saw a girl walk by here not long ago, she had dark hair and she was crying. She went into the park over there" he said as he pointed across the the street.

"Thank you" I said to him as I parked the motor cycle and ran over. "Nice doing business with ya" he said before he started laughing and waving me off.

I walked around for a while before in the distance I saw a man sta ding over a girl laying in the floor. As I got closer I saw that it was Miranda that was laying on the floor. "Hey you, what did you do to her?" I shouted as I started sprinting over to them.

The man turned to me with a sneer and said "Stupid bitch wouldn't give me what I wanted" and he then proceeded to bend down but I punched him before he touched her.

"What the-" he started saying but I shut him up with another punch. He fell to the floor and spat out some blood. "You're gonna be sorry you ever did that sonny boy" he said as he tried to get up but I kicked his hand and he fell to the floor flat on his back.

I knelt down and gave him one last punch straight to the nose and he lay still. He was still breathing but he was just unconscious.

I looked to see that Miranda was really beautiful in her sleeping state and smiled before I picked her up.

I didn't know where she lived so I did the next best thing. I took her to my house. Now the hard part was taking her home on the motorcycle. Oh boy, let's see how that goes.

*****************

Please Comment, Vote and Follow
~A