Chapter 19

Akashi glared.

He did not mean to glare.

Of course he didn't.

He wouldn't stoop so low as to glare at the group of people who were talking and laughing with Tetsuya.

No he wasn't glaring.

Tetsuya met Hayama's eyes and let out a small smile as he congratulated him for becoming a regular in the team.

Akashi's glare intensified.

Hayama jolted slightly as though he was stabbed. He turned slightly and gulped when he met Akashi's gaze.

"Sei-chan?"

Akashi turned breaking his eye contact with Hayama to turn to his vice caption. Reo stood in front of him, one eyebrow raised.

"Your scaring the whole team you know."

Akashi gritted his teeth. Oh how he wished that he could return to that morning when he had Tetsuya all to himself.

"I had no intention of scaring anyone Reo."

Reo laughed.

"Are you jealous Sei-chan?"

Akashi turned to glare at Reo, his golden eye flashing dangerously.

"No ......I am not."

Reo smiled and Akashi swore he was trying to hide a smirk.

"Alright alright no need to be angry. I'll go dismiss the team so you can take your sweet time with Tet-chan."

Akashi glared at Reo's back though.....he did not complain.

"Tetsuya."

The name escaped his mouth before he could think.

The said boy turned to the slightly fuming Akashi and walked toward him as the team dispersed to clean up and leave.

Akashi raised his hand automatically to caress the soft blue locks.

Kuroko raised his head slightly to meet Akashi's eyes. Akashi pulled his hand away to caress the blunett's cheek.

"Smile."

Kuroko tilted his head in confusion but when Akashi slowly caressed his cheek again, he smiled. A blinding, full smile. Much better than the one he gave Haynama. Akashi smiled back the nagging feeling from before disappearing in an instant.

"Let's go home."

================================

They were walking out of the gym, all cleaned up when Kuroko poked Akashi in the rib.

Akashi turned to Kuroko who had a determined expression. He knew what was coming.

Akashi sighed, running his hand through his red hair.

"Okay, you can visit him today."

Kuroko's eyes widened.

"On one condition."

"......."

"I'm coming with you."

Kuroko smiled. He was rather glad that Akashi was coming with him. The sense of protection that the redhead kept around him was very comforting. He tugged at Akashi's sleeve, pulling him towards his house.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

They stood in front of the front door. Kuroko stared at the innocent door. Last time he opened it, a bottle was thrown at him. The time before that, he almost got strangled to death. The time before that.....