Chapter 12

When Kuroko opened his eyes he saw a white ceiling. He blinked. Then a red head swam into his line of vision. Ah.... it was Akashi-kun. He remembered tht he had fallen asleep on the train but....... he wasn't on the train now. He was in a comfy bed, to be precise, Akashi Seijuro's bed for the second time in his life. He sat up and touched his ear and looked up at Akashi-kun.

Akashi let out a small laugh. The boy was certainly cute looking up at him in his bed. He looked so natural in his bed as if he always belonged there. But what made him really laugh was the ridiculously wild bed hair the other boy had. How had he not noticed the night before, the soft blue locks sticking all over the place. It seemed even worse than his bed hair when he woke up every morning. As he handed Kuroko his earing aids he checked the blue head's forehead. The fever was definatly down.

Kuroko felt Akashi's cool hand rest against his forehead and removed just as quickly. Akashi-kun was in a simple white T- shirt and black shorts. A casual teen. His looks did not fit with the mansion they were in. He looked around and spotted a clock in the corner.

5 p.m.

He turned to Akashi with a question drawn on his face. Isn't today a monday?

"You had a fever. I let you skip school."

Kuroko nodded in understanding.

"And that bed hair is ridiculous."

Kuroko glared at Akashi as he burst out laughing again. Putting his hand to his hair in a vain attempt to flatten the wild blue locks.

A silence fell between the two boys as Kuroko deciedes to just curl up in the bed a little more and Akashi settled himself on the edge, making himself comfortable.

"I have a few questions for you."

Kuroko sat up at those words and nodded without breaking eye contact with Akashi. Akashi handed Kuroko his notebook and turned to face the other boy.

"Did you know that Kagami Taiga from yesterday?"

A shake of the head.

"Where were you before you came to Rakuzan?"

Kuroko tilted his head......an investigation about his past?

Why would you ask that?

Akashi stared at the answer. Was that a refusal to answering the question.....?

"Kagami Taigia seemed to know you from before so I was just curious."

The blue head nodded and started to write a again. One word was simply shown to the red head.

Hospital.

"Why?"

Kuroko tapped his ear.

Akashi nodded, because of his hearing... but that was just a vague answer. He needed more information.

"Explain a bit more."

Kuroko stared at the red head. In truth he didn't remember his past very well before the hospital and he hadn't had the courage to confront his drunk brother to ask him about it.

Kuroko shook his head to the red head.

Akashi stared into the blue head's large blue eyes. Was this kid defying him?! No one defys him. Though Akashi wanted to be angry he couldn't make himself force an answer out of Kuroko. It was a strange with this boy........

Akashi sighed and nodded.

"One last thing then."

Kuroko, who had been staring the notebook looked up to meet the red and golden eyes.

"Talk."

Kuroko shook his head.

"Can you at least try?"

Kuroko furrowed his eyebrows. He had watched other people's mouth moving as they speak and even learned to understand his brother's words even without his hearing  aids, but he didn't want to try.

Kuroko shook his head again and wrote down.

I don't know how and I would rather not try.

Akashi sighed. He had expected something like this but, the boy completely defying his orders was getting on his nerves.

"Try saying my name."

Kuroko sighed and glared up at Akashi. Yep the boy was definatly defying him.

I don't know how.

"Try following my lips. Say Akashi Seijuro... Aka-shi"

Kuroko sighed. The red head looked like he wasn't going to back down any time soon.

"Aka......aka.....See...se.....iii"

Kuroko shook his head.

"Come on Tetsuya try again."

Another shake of the head. This time more vigorous and with his lips tightly pursed together.

Kuroko did not want to try talking. It somehow gave him a headache and he knew hw would never talk like a normal person ever, so why try?

Akashi tried to coax the blue head but his lips were sealed and it didn't seem like they would open again any soon.

"Alright then let's go out for dinner and we can talk more afterwards."

He pointed at his drawers.

"My clothes are there so you can pick anything you like. You can use them while you stay here. As for how long you are going to stay here........"

He looked at the blue head who had his head down.

"You are welcome to stay as long as you like but, we will need to discuss this later along with the problem of your brother. Now change and meet me downstairs in ten minutes. And by gods do something about that hair."

Akashi left leaving Kuroko sitting on the bed to grab some clothes for himself and change in the guest room. Guess they will have to watch how things turn out. With Kuroko now in his life things had become absolutely unpredictable..............

Uhhhhhh Hey guyssss I've come back!!! It's been like a month? Since I last updated and I'm really sorry about that. Thanks to school😪 I think there are going to be slow updates.... I'm really really sorry. I hope you enjoy this chap....(there are probably some grammer mistakes😑) anyway thanks for reading my story!!!!!