Chapter 18

Kuroko opened his eyes to find blinding white lights.

Has he gone to heaven?

No the white was a ceiling

There was something red hovering above him.

A tomato?

Nope that was definitely not a tomato.

Ah...The red thing is moving.

Kuroko blinked again and his vision cleared. He stared at the tomato to find red hair and, gold and red eyes staring down at him.

Akashi-kun said something though there was no sound. Kuroko blinked again.

Has Akashi-kun vocal cords gone mute?

No......it was him that couldn't hear.

His head was throbbing terribly. Kuroko closed his eyes again. But the image of the dunking red-head flashed through his mind making his head hurt even more.

When he opened his eyes again, his vision had cleared somewhat and he could now see Akashi staring down at him.

Kuroko slowly raised his hand to touch his ear. The hearing aids were missing. Kuroko tapped his ear.

Since when had he been unable to hear?

His brother had yelled at him that he had been deaf for his whole life. But why did being unable to hear unsettled him so much if he had been deaf his whole life?

Why couldn't he remember.........

His train of thought was broken when Akashi placed his hearing aids in his hands.

As he put them on, the whole world burst into life. A chatter outside from wherever he was and the sounds of basketball shoes squeeking and of course the sound of Akashi-kun's velvety voice laced with worry.

"Are you alright Tetsuya?"

Kuroko stared up at Akashi and then slowly sat up. He looked around. It was the changing room. He was now sitting on the bench and Akashi was sitting on the floor staring up at him.

"You passed out."

Kuroko turned to look at Akashi.

"You sure your alright?"

Kuroko nodded.

Akashi was relieved. Words couldn't describe the worry he felt when he saw Kuroko passing out at the ring of buzzer. He sighed and leaned his head on Kuroko's lap.

"Do not make me worry again and that is an order."

Kuroko looked down at Akashi-kun. His tone had sounded somewhat angry but his eyes closed and his head was on his lap looking so content. It was now unimaginable how Akashi had glared at him on his first day at Rakuzan. The Akashi-kun now looked so peaceful and content that Kuroko slowly raised his hand and smoothed the red locks of the other boy. Akashi-kun was doing so much for him. He saved him when his brother tried to hit him, he took him in and took care of him. But now Kuroko realized as he smoothed the red locks, he now couldn't imagine life without the redhead. Had they become that close........?

Akashi tensed slightly when he felt. Kuroko touch his hair but slowly leaned into the touch. He hadn't had anyone touch him like this since his mother. His father was someone who would think that this kind of physical contact was a weakness. Slowly he felt like drifting and he was just about to fall asleep when........

Bang!!!!

"Are you okay Tet-chan/Kuroko-kun/Kuroko??"

Both Kuroko and Akashi jumped at the sudden intrusion. Kuroko quickly withdrawing his hand and Akashi quickly stood up to stand over Kuroko but also glare at the person who dared to intrude their peaceful time together.