95

Mr. Spence opens his eyes and looks over at me. "You're not going to get out of here alive."

A smile spreads across my face as I look at the man on the. "You know the saying 'You keep your friends close, but your enemies closer?' He nods. "Well you should have kept your son even closer. Because he's the one that going to tear you're empire apart and I get front row tickets to it."

He stands up and moves towards me. "You're going to be dead before this is." He pushes me over and I land hard my back.

I scream from the pain shooting through my body.

Mr. Spence pulls a gun out from his pocket and aims it at me. "Goodbye,"

I close my eyes before hearing a gunshot ring throughout the cells and I open my eyes to see Mr. Spence lying on the ground in a pool of his own blood.

Jarryd is standing on the stairs with his gun out. "Goodbye, father. I hope you enjoy hell."

The woman from yesterday pulls me up from the ground and wraps her arms around me. "Are you really going to kill me over some whore?"

Jarryd looks her dead in the eyes. "I will kill whoever stands in my way of getting her back to her family, Vanessa. I don't give a shit if you're my sister. You're ruining everything for her."

Vanessa throws her head back and laughs. "You're ruining your future for some woman who has met someone else. You're fucked in the head brother. I know you love this woman that's why you let her go. She was too pure and innocent for a guy like you. You're tainted by what father did just as much as me."

"Let her go now, Vanessa."

Vanessa shakes her head. "I'm dead once I let her go. I need her to get me out of this place." She has pulls me out of the cell and takes me to the closest door. She opens it with her back.

I look past her shoulder and see Knox with a gun pointed at her. He pulls the trigger and I push her away from me as the bullet hits her on the head.

My back starts to hurt and I fall on the ground.

Davis runs over to me and says. "Are you okay?"

I shake my head. "Mr. Spence pushed me and I landed hard on my back. I'm in so much pain." Tears begin to fall down my face.

Davis looks over at Jarryd. "I need your help to get her to the car. After this is done, Jarryd. I don't want to see you lurking in the shadows of my sister's life. You've done enough and it's time that you start your own. Have a family make sure you become a better businessman than your father."

"I'll try my best."

A guy that looks similar to Jarryd stops on the top step. "Jarryd, please take me with you. I don't want to follow in father's footsteps."

"Help us with Juliet. Then I'll take you far away from the nightmare father raised us into."

A smile spreads across his face. "Thanks, big brother." He walks down the steps and helps the boys move me to the car.

In the car my brother turns on the radio as he drives us to the Cedars Sinai hospital.

He looks at me. "Mom, Rayna, Kiera and Connie are all at the hospital. When they were brought in they were unconscious and no one knew you were in the car with them until Hayden told them there was a fifth person."

I touch his arm. "Thanks for finding me big brother. Why didn't Hayden come with you?"

He sighs. "I didn't want him to put himself in danger while your daughter was left without her parents. I don't want to think about Kiera having no parents as her father went to rescue her mother. Things could have turned out for the worst and the both of you could have died. Leaving Kiera without parents."