20

Davis slides his phone across the table. "You can make the call. I'm not going to ruin my friendship with the guy because my sister isn't interested in going on a date with him.

"He's your friend not mine."

Davis rises from his seat and he looks at me

Davis rises from his seat and he looks at me. "That's not my problem. I'm not the one that accepted to go on a date with him. You cancel it right now. I'm not going to work in the morning and telling the guy that my sister just lead; you on until something or someone else came along."

I look at him. "I didn't plan on meeting, John. He just showed up out of nowhere. We have stuff in common." I sigh. "I don't have anything in common with your friend. It wouldn't work out between us."

Davis stops at the door. "You don't know if it would have worked out between Derek and you. You never gave it a chance. What are you really waiting for? If it's Hayden, then I'd say you're an idiot for wanting him. What if he decides having a family isn't what he really wants and he leaves you."

I rise. "It's a chance that I will have to take, but right now I'm not interested in what Hayden does. He's not part of my life. He's apart of Kiera's and if her breaks her heart I will deal with it then." I look at the picture on the wall of my daughter. "Right now she's hurting because she's away from her father and she's taking all the hurt out on me," tears begin to fall down my face. "I don't like being the bad guy in my daughter's story. I wish there was something I could to make it not harder on her."

He walks over to me. "You get him to come over tomorrow to drive her to and from Day care. Ask him to spend a couple of hours here. Have dinner with him. He'd probably wouldn't mind spending time with her alone either."

I can't leave him alone with my daughter right now. I don't trust him enough to look after our daughter. He has to prove to me that he can do a good job looking after her while I'm here.

"I won't let him take my daughter to day care. He will come with me for the school run, but I wouldn't mind him spending time with her here." I hug my brother. "Thanks Big Bro. I needed someone to talk to about this."

He smiles. "I'm glad I was here to help. You should make those phone calls. It's better to get things over and done with; instead of dragging them on. Let me know what Derek said."

I shake my head. "I think he might call you and tell you what happened. Since, you two are close."

Davis laughs. "You're right. He would call me and bitch about how my sister let him down."

I shrug. "Well he should have expected it. I'm a mother and that's a duty I can't give to people freely. Kiera is my responsibility and right now isn't the time that I should be dating someone that doesn't know anything about kids."

"Hayden, doesn't know a thing about girls, but you letting him in."

I roll my eyes. "He's a different story. Now, get lost."