9

I walk into the liquor shop and buy some wine for dinner. As I'm about to walk out of the store a guy pulls out a gun.

 As I'm about to walk out of the store a guy pulls out a gun

He points it at me. "You, close the door. Don't think of doing anything stupid or I will blow your brains across the floor."

I look at the gun in his hand and I see a drop of water come through it.

It's just a water pistol. This guy is stupid enough to carry that with him, but I will play along for a bit.

I walk over to the door as a male and female approach. I look at them. Sorry, the store is closing for a bit. We will be open in an hour." I mouth. "Call the police." I step aside and they see the guy with the gun. I shut the door and lock it. I pull out my phone and send a message to Davis.

Me: Call the police. Tell them that the liquor shop is getting held up and the guy has a water gun.

I hit send before shutting off my phone.

I don't want my brother to send me a message while I play along.

I walk down an aisle and see a woman kneeling behind a shelf.

She puts her finger to her lips and she's carrying a gun in a holster. She pulls at the chain around her neck and I see that it's a police badge. She stops next to me. "I have been tracking this guy for months. This is the first time he's made a move with patrons inside a store. He normally goes after the clerks."

I frown. "If he goes after the clerks. What's he doing here now?"

She looks at the guy. "He was following you. My bosses and I have kept this quiet for months, but I think right now he wants people to know why he's been doing this and you being a reporter is his way of getting noticed. I know you have a job to do, just like I do."

"He's been holding up places with a water gun. I saw a drop of water when he pointed it at me earlier. I'm playing along with it. I hope that you can do the same. I'm going to talk to him."

I walk over to the guy. "Why are you doing this?"

He turns towards me. "I want my girlfriend to know that I'm a bad guy. I'm not just some perfect guy she can screw over."

"She's an idiot. Any woman would have been lucky to catch someone like you, but what you're doing isn't the type of thing that a woman would want to know about. You wanted publicity on this stunt well you got it. Do you have a name for me to put in the article?"

"Call me John Doe and put my picture in the article. I want to put on the wall of my prison cell. Oh, and the girls name I'm trying to impress is Summer Myers. Print her name in it. I want everyone to know who she is."