67

Thursday

The alarm goes off at 6.30am, and I lean across the bed and turn it off. Hayden opens his eyes and looks at me. He pulls me into his and snuggles against me. "I love you, Juliet Christiansen. I hope you know that."

A smile spreads across my face as I look into the eyes of the man that holds my heart. "I know that and I'm a lucky woman to know what it feels like to be in love with one of the greatest guys."

He shakes his head. "I'm not a great guy. I did something terrible to you when we met and it took me a while to remember that it was you that I hurt. I'm just happy that after everything you let me be a part of our daughter's life. It took you a while to accept me into yours, but you were trying to protect yourself from my stupidity."

I laugh. "That's true, but despite that. You've been a great father and you've shown me over the last couple of months that you'll do anything to keep our family together and I have nothing to worry about when I'm not with you."

His lips claims mine in a passionate kiss.

I pull away from him. "I have to get ready, Hayden. If I could stay in bed all day I would. Today is going to be the day that I find out if my life is going to end soon. Or that we can think about our future and have more kids."

He whispers. "I want more kids. Do you want me to drive you to the hospital? I can have your mother or brother take Kiera to school?"

"No, she needs to have one of her parent's with her. If she doesn't she'll know something is wrong and I don't want her to worry."

"How are you getting to the hospital?"

"I'm driving. I will have someone pick me up afterward." I climb out of bed and head to the bathroom. Turning on the shower I step inside and wash my body.

After the shower I step out and wrap a towel around me. Heading into the bedroom I see Hayden already dressed in his suit. He stands up and wraps his arms around me. "I'll make..."

"I can't eat anything, Hayden."

"I forgot about that." He runs his hands down his face. "I feel helpless."

I grab his hand. "Don't be, Hayden. There's nothing you can do about this. I will be fine and I'll give you a call when I get out of surgery. You have to go to work today and distract yourself from what I'm going through. If you don't it will drive you crazy and I don't want that to happen for you today."

"Okay,"

Moving around him I walk to the closet and pull a pair of jeans out and a shirt. I quickly get changed and grab my phone from the nightstand. I walk out of the room and head towards the kitchen, but before I get there. There's a knock on the front door and I walk over to it. Opening it I see my brother on the other side.

He looks at me. "I didn't want you to go to the hospital on your own. I'm taking you and waiting until you go into surgery and then I'll return when you're out to take you home."

Shaking my head I say. "No, I don't want you to wait around for me."

Hayden walks out of the bedroom in his boxers. He stops when he sees my brother. "Hey, Davis. What are you doing here so early?"

"I'm taking my sister to the hospital. I don't want her to drive herself and have someone pick her up later with the car."

"Thanks, for helping out." Hayden walks around us and walks into the kitchen. "Can I get you anything to eat or drink, Davis?"

"No, thanks. I had something before I left home. Jolene didn't want me to leave home on an empty stomach. She said when I worry about people I care about I seem to forget about myself."

Hayden nods. "It's the same with, Juliet."

Grabbing my handbag off the table I walk over to my brother. "I'm ready to go." I give Hayden a chaste kiss.

He places his hands on my hips. "Kiss me properly, Juliet. Or I'm not going to let you leave." I wrap my arms around his neck and I kiss him. Pulling away he says. "Much better. I'll be waiting for your call." I walk out of the house with my brother.

Tears begin to fall as I shut the door and my brother pulls me into his arms. "Juliet?"

Looking at him I say. "I don't want that to be the last time that I see him and Kiera. I'm scared that something terrible is going to happen to me."

"Don't think like that. You're going to make yourself sick and I don't want you to do that." He takes my hand and we walk over to the lift. He presses the button and we wait for the doors to open on my floor.

When the doors open we step in and I see Mom in there. She opens her arms for me and I step inside them. "My friend isn't going to let anything happen you, sweetheart. She's going to do everything to send you back home to your family."

I don't say anything to her after she said.

After a couple minutes of silence I say. "How did you know about the operation? I didn't call you about it."

She looks at Davis. "Davis called me. He had a feeling that you were going to need me and I to tell your sister that she isn't my only child and concern. She wasn't happy that I left this morning to be with you. She knows that you have Davis by your side and you've had him since you were a little girl."

I can't believe she's still jealous when someone else needs Mom. I wonder how things are going to when Mom and Dad throw a party to bring my siblings together again.

Mom and Dad don't see much of my siblings as they moved away from Los Angeles when they started their family. They didn't want Mom to interfere with their lives, but after the way she treated me when I was pregnant they didn't want anything to do with her.

"After you drop me off at the hospital you should go home, Mom. Rayna needs help with the baby. Has she started seeing a councilor?"

Mom shakes her head. "Rayna told me she's feeling better and doesn't need to see someone."

Stepping out of the lift we head to the car and climb in. I climb into the backseat and buckle my seatbelt. "She's not going to get better with you doing all the work for her. She needs to take responsibility for the baby, Mom. It's her turn to be a parent and not yours. You raised us, but it doesn't mean you have to raise Rayna's child."

Mom turns in her seat and looks at me. "I think I might have to raise my own Grandchild. Rayna looks like she's ready to run when things get hard for her."

"