11

Hayden's POV

I step out of the car and make my way to the apartment building that she lives in.

A guy walks through the door after he's been buzzed in.

I jog to the door and put my foot in front of the closing door. I pull the door open and make my way to the lift.

The guy presses the up button. He has a bottle of wine in his hand and he's wearing a tuxedo. He looks at the stuff in my hand. "Hey, man. Are you here to see your girlfriend?" He points towards the stuff in my hands.

I look at the bear, flowers and chocolate. "Something like that." I mutter. "What about you?"

"I was invited to dinner by a guy I went to university with. He just moved here and he's staying with his very single sister." He winks at me.

I feel sorry for the girl. She's going to be stuck with this idiot for a couple hours.

The lift door opens and he keeps talking about the girl. He hits the button for the sixth floor.

That's the floor I need to go to as well.

I look at the ground as the lift takes me up to the floor I need. The door opens on the sixth floor. The guy and I turn to the right and we walk down the hall together.

He stops in front of Juliet's door. He knocks a few and it takes a minute before the door opens.

The door swings open and a guy stands in the door.

That must be Juliet's brother. He was with her and my daughter at the mall.

Juliet appears at the door. "What's taking you so long, Davis?" Her eyes widen as she sees me. She pushes through the guy. "Hayden?"

I walk over to her. "I saw what happened on the news and I needed to make sure you were okay."

"I'm fine." She looks at the door. "You need to leave."

I shake my head. "No, Juliet. We need to talk." I take a few steps toward her. "I messed up with you in Los Angeles. I know that, but keeping my daughter a secret from me wasn't right."

She moves forward and pokes me in the chest. First Mr Knowles you kicked me out of the hotel room the next day. You discarded me like a condom that you we forgot to wear the four times we were intimate."

The guy and her brother rush into the room as her voice get louder.

I have seriously pissed her off.

Juliet looks at the stuff in my hand. "If you think that shit in your hand is going to fix anything, your wrong buddy." She looks at her apartment door. "Since your here you might as well meet your daughter." She points between us. "We're never going to happen."

Whatever you say Miss Christiansen. I will be spending as much time with my daughter as I can. That way Juliet won't have a choice, but to fall for me.

Juliet opens the door to her apartment. She walks into the living room and she leans in front of a girl that looks like her. "Your Dad is here, princess."

The girl looks up. "Daddy," she runs over to me.

I can't believe I told Juliet and my daughter that I didn't want to have kids in the parking lot of the beach. All I could think of at the time was getting my dick wet.

I lift her into my arms. "Hey, sweetheart. I'm your Dad."

She smiles. "Is that bear mine?"

Hayden nods. "Do you like it?"

My daughter nods. "I'm Kiera." She says. "I'm naming the bear brown. He's going to share my bed with bear and me."

I put her on the ground.

Kiera takes my hand. "Mommy, I'm going to show Daddy my room." She leads me to her room.

At the bedroom door I turn and see Juliet standing close by.

She doesn't trust me with our daughter? I'm glad that she's like this. It makes her a good mother and me a shitty father.

Kiera opens the bedroom door and she pulls me into the room. Her room is a light purple with different cartoon characters on the wall. Next to the wall is a single bed with a Beauty and the Beast quilt cover and matching pillow case. There's a lamp on the nightstand and the shade has Beauty and the Beast stickers on it. Hanging on the cupboard door is a yellow dress and ribbon on it.

Kiera walks over to the dress. "Do you like the dress? Mommy got it for Halloween. I'm dressing up as Beauty this year."

She's going to make a beautiful Beauty.

I kneel at her height. "Who's going to be the Beast?"

Juliet leans against the door frame and she crosses her arms. She looks at me. "I wonder who will be a Beast." She mouths. "You,"

I am a Beast in her eyes and she's Beauty. But at the end they get together and the spell is broken and he turns into a prince. That's exactly what I need to do. I need to be a prince. How does one go from being a beast to someone that deserves the love of a Beauty?

Juliet clears her throat. "Do you want to stay for dinner, Hayden?"

I look at my daughter. "I would love to stay for dinner. I hope you made enough."

Juliet's brother yells. "Dinners ready."

Juliet, Kiera and I make our way to the dining room.

Juliet and her brother are sitting at the table. There are four plates full of food.

Where's Kiera's dinner?

Juliet walks into the kitchen and she pulls a couple slices of bread out of the bag and she makes Kiera a jelly sandwich. She places the plate in front of Kiera and she eats her food. "I hope you all enjoy dinner tonight. It's garlic shrimp and rice."

It smells nice. I also can smell wine in it.

I look at Juliet. "Did you add wine to it?"

She nods. "It's a secret ingredient."

I smile. "Not to me it's not." I take a bite of the shrimp and I can taste the wine and garlic, there's Dijon mustard on it as well.

"How does it taste boys?"

Juliet's brother gives her the thumbs up and so does the brothers friend. "You're a great cook, sis. You put Mom's food to shame."

"