39

At 7am, my phone starts to ring and I reach over to the night stand and look at who's calling me this early in the morning. I see "Davis" flash across the screen.

I wonder if this has anything to do with last night.

I answer the call.

Me: Hey, bro. What's up?

Davis: Sis, I have some news I need to tell you.

Me: Does this have anything to do with the reason why your girlfriend went to the drug store last night.

Davis: Actually, it does. She's pregnant. I've known her for five fricken minutes and she's having my baby.

Me: Don't be a dick, bro. At least you're with her. Hayden and I weren't together when I got pregnant with Kiera.

Davis: What am I going to do, Juliet?

Me: You're going to be there for, Jolene. She's going to need you during the pregnancy. Take care of her. You're going to be a great father.

Davis: Thanks, sis.

Me: I have to get ready for the day, Davis. I'll see you tonight?

Davis: I was thinking about taking Jolene out for dinner to celebrate the pregnancy.

Me: Have fun.

I hang up with my brother and then make my way to the bathroom. I brush my hair before walking to Kiera's room and wake her up. "It's time to get up, princess."

She opens her eyes and looks at me. "Morning, Momma." She kisses my cheek before climbing out of the bed.

I walk into the kitchen to see Hayden behind the stove wearing an apron with "Best Father" on it. "Where did you find that?"

A smile spreads across his face. "I saw it at the local market and I thought it looked great. Now, we'll see what our daughter has to say about it."

I touch his shoulder. "You're a great father, Hayden. I wouldn't know where I would be right now if you didn't come to Miami when you did."

"You'll be struggling like you were when I got there. Your brother wasn't much of a help to you, but he looked after Kiera which I'm grateful for."

"Speaking of my brother, Jolene's pregnant. He called not long ago about it."

He flips the bacon and eggs over and then turns towards me. He has a serious look on his face. "Wow! He hasn't know her long and she already pregnant."

Seriously. Hayden knew me less than them and yet I fell pregnant with his child.

"Our story is similar to theirs, Hayden. You knew me for five seconds and then we had sex."

Hayden sighs. He places the food on a plate. "I've seen that girl before and she likes to lie about these things to guys. She did the same thing to me after I spent the night with you."

"Are you telling me that she pretends to be pregnant to get money off guys?"

"Yes, I didn't want to say anything earlier as I didn't know if she really loved your brother."

I shake my head. "Davis doesn't have any money, so she's out of luck with getting anything out of him."

"Are you going to tell your brother about it?"

"No, I'm going to stay out of his business. The last time I interfered with him and a girlfriend I got my head chewed off and spat out by him. He needs to learn a lesson from this and I'll be sitting back and seeing how this unfolds."

"You could confront the girl."

"She'll run to my brother and then there will be more drama for me to put up with. I don't want any more problems in my life. I like the way things are going right for you and I. This is all I need to worry about."

A smile spreads across his face. "I'm glad you think that." He makes some toast with jelly on it for Kiera. "I can get our daughter ready for school today and take her in. You should make a great first impression to your new bosses."

"Thanks, Hayden. I really appreciate it." I pull his head to my height and kiss him.

He wraps his arms around me and deepens the kiss. He pulls slightly away from me. "I love you, Juliet."

"I know. I love you too, Hayden." I pulls away from him and sit at the table. I start to eat the breakfast that he cooked me.

Kiera walks into the dining room and she sees Hayden. "Daddy," she runs over to him and he lifts her up. "Good morning princess. How did you sleep last night?"

"Good,"

"I'm taking you to school today. Mommy, needs to leave early today for work."

I walk over to the sink and start to wash the dishes. "Can you pick her up too? I might have to stay a little later at work to talk to my bosses."

"That's fine." Hayden finishes making Kiera's breakfast and he places it in front of her. "Thanks, Daddy." Hayden makes breakfast for himself as I walk to my room to get ready."

Looking through my cupboard I pull out a black pencil skirt that reaches just above my knees and a white button up shirt and a black pair of ballet flats. I walk into the bathroom and strip off my clothes before stepping into the shower.

I adjust the water temperature before I step into the shower. I wash my hair and body before stepping out. I wrap a towel around my head and then wrap a towel around my body before brushing my teeth.

There's a knock on the door and I walk over to it. I see Hayden standing on the other side of the door. He looks at me. "Damn, you look in a towel."

I laugh. "That's the first time I've ever heard someone say that."

"Well it's true. Kiera, wants to know where her pink dress is? She wants to wear it today?"

"Let me finish getting changed and then I'll look for it. Can you put a pair of shorts on her first? I'm not going to let out daughter run around with nothing underneath the dress."

"Okay," Hayden walks out of the room and I start to get dressed for work. I put on a black pair of matching underwear and then the shirt and skirt. I slip my feet into my shoes before applying some make-up. I grab my bag from beholden the door and walk to Kiera's room.

Kiera looks at me when I walk into the room. "Dress?" I pull the dress out of the closet and give it to Hayden. "Here you go." I kiss him on the lips and then kiss my daughters cheek before walking out of the condo.

" I kiss him on the lips and then kiss my daughters cheek before walking out of the condo