26.

I still have a headache, but it's duller than it was last night. Climbing out of bed I walk to the vanity and brush my hair.

Looking at the nightstand I see the time is 8:30 and Kiera hasn't made a peep.

She normally walks into my room to wake me up.

I walk out of my room and head across the hall to Kiera's.

Opening the door to the bedroom I see the lava lamp on and my daughter not in her bed.

Where's Kiera?

"Kiera," I walk to the living room where Hayden is.

As I enter the room I see Hayden still asleep and in his arms is our daughter Kiera.

They look cute like this.

Kiera is against the couch facing the back rest and Hayden is close to the edge with his arms wrapped around our daughter.

Pulling my phone off the table I take a picture of them.

Hayden opens his eyes and he looks at me. "Morning, Juliet." He rubs his eyes. "What time is it?"

"8:30,"

He sits up. "I have to go to the hotel and get my stuff."

Kiera sits up on the couch. "Do you have to leave?"

"Yes," Hayden says. He ruffles her hair. "I'll be back to pick you up for the airport."

Looking at him I say. "Or we could go out for breakfast after you get your stuff."

He puts on his shoes and looks at me. "Are you ready to be seen with me, Juliet? I don't want to push you into anything that you're not 100% about."

I touch his shoulder. "You're not pushing me into anything that I'm not ready for. We're taking our daughter out for breakfast. They can put whatever heading they want with the picture and it won't effect. All they want to do is sell papers and I know the truth is that we're eating with Kiera." I hold my hand out to Kiera. "Lets her ready to go out for breakfast with Daddy."

"Yay," she climbs off the couch and holds my hand as we make our way to the bedroom. Kiera goes through her closet and she chooses a pink dress to wear with black ballet flats.

I change my daughter and then I put her hair in a ponytail. "Stay with Daddy, while I get ready."

"Okay," she runs to the living room and I hear the TV turn on followed by Hayden asking. "Where's Mom?"

"Getting dressed." She replies.

A smile spreads across my face.

I like it when he calls me Mom.

Opening the closet door I pull out ripped jean shorts and a tank top that says "Bite Me." I quickly get changed and walk out of my bedroom.

Davis is still asleep and I don't want him to worry about me so I look for a piece of paper and pen.

I write him a quick letter.

Dear Davis,
Keira and I have gone with Hayden to the hotel to pick up his bags and then we're going out for breakfast. See you when we get home.
Love
Juliet
xoxoxo

I fold the piece of paper and write my brother's name on it. I pull my handbag off the hook that's behind the door.

Looking at Hayden and Kiera I say. "Are you ready?"

Kiera nods. "Cawy me, Daddy?"

Hayden picks her up and then he puts his hand on the small of my back as we walk through the door. "The car will be here shortly."

"Okay," I walk down the stairs and as soon as we're through the main door of the building a limo pulls in front of the building.

Someone whispers. "Damn, who can afford something like that and be living in this dump?"

Hayden whispers. "Don't worry about them."

The person was right. We live in a rundown building that has its fair share of problems, but never have I regretted living there until now.

A group of people are standing close to us and I hear a female ask. "Is that Hayden Knowles?"

Someone scoffs. "Why would you think that? A guy that rich wouldn't be found slumming it here."

Hayden looks at the group. "Piss off,"

"Hayden," he looks at me. "We don't talk like that in front of Kiera." I scold.

"Sorry, you're majesty." He waits for me to climb into the limo first.

He climbs in behind me with Kiera still in his arms. He buckles her in and then turns towards me. "Do you want something to drink?"

"Water, please and Kiera will have one as well." Hayden gives me two bottles. I open one for Kiera. "Here you go sweetie."

"Thanks," she drinks from the bottle.

Hayden and I put our seatbelts on before the driver pulls onto the road driving through the street of Miami.

Looking out the window I see the beach and across the road are plenty of places for us to eat.

"Do you want to eat at one of the places here? Then after breakfast we could walk along the beach and then find some place for Kiera to play at, before we head to the airport."

A smile spreads across my face. "That sounds perfect."

Hayden looks out the window behind us. "Damn,"

"What's wrong?"

"The paparazzi have found us."

I lean forward and place my hand on his arm. "Hayden, we'll be fine. Besides, Kiera and I have to get used to this if we're seen out with you. You can't keep Kiera and I in an ivory tower forever."

"I wish I could." He admits. "I like knowing that the two of you are safe, but when we get to Los Angeles it's going to be different since the paparazzi usually camp out in two of buildings hoping to get a glance at me. Now, they know about Kiera and you they will follow you around."

"Thanks for the heads up, Hayden, but I think it will be fi..." I don't finish the sentence as the car is hit from behind.

Turning around I see a black SUV behind us and it's about to ram into us again. "Hayden, cover our daughter. Make sure she doesn't get hurt." Pulling down the window that separates us from the driver I say. "Can you pull over?"

"Sure, miss." The car pulls onto the side of the road.

I hear car doors slam shut and then someone knocks on the window.

Hayden tells the driver to pull down the window.

A guy holding a gun looks at Hayden and then at Kiera and I. He puts the gun away. "The boss would like to have a word with you."

Boss? Hayden owns his own company why would he need to be seen by the boss?

Looking at my daughter and then Hayden I ask. "What's going on, Hayden?"

He sighs. "Juliet, I have worked with dangerous people for years and I even got involved with someone when she was living in Los Angeles with her cousin who's apart of the Mafia."

"Are you in trouble?"

Hayden places his hand on my arm. "I'm not in any trouble, Juliet. I just failed to visit a friend while I was in Miami."

"