Daniels x Reader

Requested by RubyHarrison24 thanks for the request and hope u enjoy😊

Set in Aachen

The cold air of October whipped across my face as I was driving back to base. I had to go bring some ammo crates and supplies that was down a couple of miles, luckily I found some luxury products too. Surprisingly I managed to find perfume and some Chanel lipstick! It wasn't often that I was granted these nice things so this felt like Christmas itself. Once I arrived at the base I  parked the Jeep and ran my fingers through my  hair, everyday was getting colder and everyday I grew more lonely. My longtime lover back home called it quits with me in his most recent letter last week so the pain from that wound was still fresh and the only person that I  actually liked romantically in this platoon didn't like me back, it was Daniels. Ever since the first day I had met him I  liked him. He was everything a man should be,tall, strong, and brave. But unfortunately he wouldn't budge with me, he always gives me the cold soldier or patronize s me! I continued to sit in the Jeep with my thoughts until I heard someone bang on the hood and say "hey (y/n) can you give us a hand with the crates?" I nodded and hopped out of the car and headed to the back. As I was unloading things I found a letter that was for Daniels, it was from his fiancée, Hazel. 'What a lucky woman she must be' I thought to myself. After I finished unloading supplies I ran to where Daniels and the rest of my friends were, they were all sitting down and talking about our upcoming mission. I ran up to them and said "hey guys I'm back." Everyone said hello and I walked over to Daniels and said "uh this is for you." He nodded and said "thanks." I walked back to my tent feeling crestfallen, even though I didn't know what that letter said I had feeling it was probably just a typical Love note telling him how she missed him and could not wait to get married. That was the part that made me more sad, as cheesy as it sounds I'd sometimes have dreams that me and Daniels would get married or move some where together after the war. But, with them together that would never happen.

Almost 4 hours had gone by and I felt exhausted. All that hauling and lifting today had feeling defeated. Just as I was about to go to bed I hear a voice outside my tent say "hey (L/n) you awake?" I walk over to the opening of my tent only to find Daniels with a letter in his hand. gesture him to come into the tent and sit down, he sits and looks at me and says "sorry if this seems pretty random but My girl, Hazel she just...just broke up with me! Called off our engagement! I just don't know what to do." He said this all while tearing up. Even though this probably isn't the right time You decided to shoot my shot and hug him and whisper "Daniels it's ok the same thing happened to me but maybe you're better of without her." He looked at me and replied "maybe you're right but it just hurts you know!" I rested my hand on his shoulder and said believe "me I know." We talked for a little while longer until I said "Daniels I know this may not be the best time but, look I think you are great and I know you don't see me that way but I just wanted to do this so I can I guess in a weird way have closure." I took a deep breath and kissed his cheek. I didn't know how he would react so you just stared at him until he did. After a few seconds he took my  face into his hands and passionately kissed me, my body didn't know how to react but in all honesty I was loving it! We continued to kiss for a few more minutes until he stopped and said "woah, (l/n) I was wrong about you and I actually really like you too so what to do you say we stick together for awhile?" I smiled and said "oh I'm more than ok with that." He just giggled and kissed me again. While this may have been an odd way to start a relationship, I couldn't be happier.