Frank Aiello x Reader (Request)

Thank you for the request FreezingM00n 😊😊🙂

Frank Aiello x Reader

The cold wind whipped your face as you waited outside for your friend, Frank. He had been drafted for the war earlier this month and was leaving tomorrow morning, so you to decided to walk around your hometown of Queens one last time together before he left. But, of course he was running late. You waited for another 15 minutes until finally you became annoyed and turned around in the opposite direction and began to walk until suddenly you were hit with a snowball, it was Frank. He ran up to you and said "well well if it isn't (y/n)!" You laughed at his statement and replied "Frank you scared me! Now come on let's get to walking before it gets to dark out."

Hours had passed and you decided to stop at small park and sit for a little bit. You both sat on a swing set and stared at each other for a moment, trying to end the awkward silence you ask quietly "are you ready for tomorrow?" He leans back on the swing and responds "as ready as I'll ever be." You nod and think of something else to say, you tilt your head to the ground and say " I'm really gonna miss you Frank." He moves his swing closer to yours and whispers "me too" he pauses for a moment then smiles "hey but we can write to each other all the time! I'll tell you about all the countries we go to and stuff, it will be like you're right there with me!" You gave him a sad smile and he quickly caught onto this and said "(y/n) why the face?" "It's just we've never been apart for our entire lives and now you're going off to god knows where and I'm just scared that I'll never see you again because well I love you." Shocked by what you said you didn't know what to do at the moment except wait for what he would say. He smiled at you and stroked your face and said "(y/n), I've loved since the day I laid eyes on you way back when and I'll be damned if some war keeps me from coming back to my woman so I promise you this right now, I will come home to you and we'll finally start our new life, together." A tear welled up in your eye as he leaned into kiss you, it was warm and passionate and it felt amazing. As you to were about to embrace again Frank checked his watch and cursed "aw shit! We're late for dinner! My nonna is gonna kill me come on let's head back." You follow him as you to run towards the sidewalk. Even though the months would be long deep down in your heart you knew that he would come home to you and fulfill his promise.