Joseph Turner x Reader

Happy thanksgiving everyone!!! Hope you all are enjoying the day. But, here is the Turner x Reader I was talking about Hope you all like it!!!!!
PS: if you want to see a ww2 character up here just drop em in the comments😊😃

Lt. Turner x Reader

"God damnit" you yelled as you cut your hand while sharpening your knife's blade. You had been put on watch for the night and honestly you didn't really mind, ever since the events at D-Day you hadn't been able to sleep through the night without having a nightmare, so this really was probably the best option you had at the moment. As you continued to sharpen the blade you mind started to drift off mainly about things such as what your next meal was going to be, or when you were going to get your next letter from your loved ones. But, something that kept coming into your mind was Turner. You had been thinking about him a lot lately, during the time you both spent together you two had become close. However there was a fine line drawn between your relationship, he is the boss, the higher up making you his subordinate. The thought of that made you sad in a way because in some odd manner you were starting to develop feelings for him. You didn't know how or why but, whenever it was time for mission briefing you'd feel almost as if you had butterflies in your stomach whenever he'd look your way or order you and your team do something. But, do to your circumstances you knew that anything outside of a professional relationship could never work and accepting that was harder than you thought it would be.

You were almost done sharpening the knife until you heard footsteps approach, grabbing your rifle you aimed it towards the sound only to find out that it was Turner. Embarrassed you placed your gun down and said " Lieutenant, I'm so sorry about that!" He just chuckled and replied "(l/n) it's alright. You can never be too careful." You stood there very still and gave a nervous laugh "I guess not." He sat down on a log right next to you and asked "how long have you been out here?" "About 2 hours" you replied while picking up your knife and continuing to sharpen it. You were very confused as to why he was out here. Being out on watch was more a job for a private not all a Lieutenant. You decided to ask the burning question you had "um Lieutenant, if you don't mind me asking what brings you out here? I mean no disrespect by it, it's just this is more a job for your subordinates." He sighed and leaned back onto the rock and said "well we're losing men everyday now and it doesn't hurt to help so yeah, that's why." You just nodded at his response and silence followed after that. Trying to avoid awkwardness you decided to take your binoculars and check for any snipers or other hidden enemies, you continued to do this until you were interrupted by Turner asking " what did you enlist?" You didn't really no how to respond so you just said "I beg your pardon?" He just looked at you with a kind and friendly look and asked again " why did you enlist? You know what made you want to join the fight?" That question was one you had never really taken a lot of thought on but you didn't want to ignore the question so you replied "well I guess the same reason we all do, I wanted to make my family proud and be a part of something bigger than myself. What about you?" He smiled and said "I joined because well I just love to lead and I saw it as my duty to my country." You smiled back at his response and moved closer to where he was at and he continued to talk. "You know the one thing I do miss about home back in Massachusetts was the winters. They were always fun with my family especially Christmas with all the food and cheer. What about you, what do you miss (l/n)?" This question was easy to answer " I miss my mom and sister. They were the ones who supported my decision to join the army." Turner turned his head and said softly "(l/n) I know this will sound crazy but I really like you. Ever since we took the beach I saw fire and potential in you and that's things you don't see in most woman. So I guess what I'm really trying to say is that I'd love for this to blossom into something more than just a professional relationship." You honestly could not just believe what he had just said. In your head you were doing a happy dance but on the outside without thinking you slowly leaned in to kiss him. He was shocked at first but he obviously wanted this too, he pulled you into his arms and kissed you passionately. As the kiss got more intense he started to breathe heavy and began to lay you down into the earth floor, you took his helmet off along with yours and were about to reach for his jacket until he grabbed your hand and said "we shouldn't go any further." You were kind of shocked and sad by what he said so you asked while wiping the saliva off your mouth "why?" He gave you a serious smile and said " think about it, if we lose control right now we could put ourselves and the rest of our team in harms way so let's just wait till we get to Paris." You understood what he meant as it could be risky but being playful you rolled your eyes and smiled "yes Lieutenant" He kissed your cheek and you both cuddled together for the rest of the night while keeping watch.